IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can some of you old timers(not really calling anyone old) help me and other newcomers out here. I am able to figure out some of the acronyms, nick names and slang used here on Ifish but some of them I just have no clue(dumby me?)
:whazzup: . I don't like asking as I know there have been hundreds before me asking the same question over and over and over and over and over again.

Maybe someone could place a bunch of them in "Help" like all the smile symbols. Maybe there could be an acronym/nick name/slang section. I've tried doing a search on the boards and looked in Help but came up with nothing.

Below are some examples of items I am talking about (I do know what some of them mean, just using them a examples):

URBs, ttt, RB, BTW, C&R, IMHO, nate, marked, banking it, pulls, ect...

Another thing that might be added is the locations of places that are refered to here with nicknames - like: church hole, oaktree, fishery, shad hole, drano, ect...

Or instead of placing them in help, as people hate to use help, have a web page for them and have a link(or button) for it on the main page or on the header of each page like the search topic and help buttons.

Just a thought that might help stop some of the repetative questions that I am sure some of you are tired of answering over and over...

Thanks

[ 08-10-2003, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: Conspiracy Theory ]

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
CT, who's old LOL= laugh out loud
here go's
URB's = Up River Brights...fall chinook heading to the upper Columbia to spawn..as in Hanford Reach
ttt = to the top...bring a post to the top of the list
BTW = by the way
C&R = catch and release
IMHO = in my humble openion....like we care j/k
j/k = just kidding
nate = native...wild stock..non hatchery
marked = fin clipped...hatchery or brood stock
banking it = fishing from the bank....non boat fishing
Pulls = grab line in front of reel and pull out to the first guide....about 2'
brat = hatchery stock fish

[ 08-11-2003, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: Rapid Robert ]

·
Registered
584 Posts
LMAO- Laughing my ass off
RB- Rainbows
<grin>- Being smug, poster thinks he's clever <grin>

As far as fishing locations go, there are many holes of the same name, on different rivers. Don't be afraid to ask.

·
Registered
13,642 Posts
Originally posted by AtWorkALot:
<grin>- Being smug, poster thinks he's clever <grin>
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

TR

·
Registered
13,993 Posts
"Bump" is to the top. Or asking the question again before it goes off the 1st page.

"Mark daddy and the K-9 swizzle"

Mark and the dog.

[ 08-11-2003, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: Flatfish ]

·
Registered
295 Posts
Same as ttt, it just is a creative way to send a post to the top of the string of post's, any response to a post will move it To The Top.

Surejam

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
CT,

And never, ever use the kid's pre-teen AOL chat smiley faces...<shudder>. Most folks grow out of them <grin>. There's going to be a ballot initiative in Novemer 2004 to ban them from all Oregon online communities.

Brion

·
Administrator
119,704 Posts
SMILEY FACE SMILEY FACE SMILEY FACE NA NA NAAAA!!!

:smile: :smile: :smile:

·
Registered
135 Posts
well dangit i thought catfish was the salmon of the east and south, :cheers:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks everyone for your help and keep them coming.

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
"Gizmo" --- Really old, smelly, retired rich guy. :grin:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts