IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going out on the river in a few minutes, does anyone have any idea how long marie's scent stay good before they get tainted because they're old. They've always been refrigerated but I don't know if they have perservatives to make them keep. Thanks, TOC.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I understand that Marie’s scents contain no preservatives, other than that I can offer no help

Good luck :smile:

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had a couple of bottles of shrimp scent in the fridge since last year, Marie checked one out because of special labeling said was still good just keep it refrigerated.

[ 07-29-2003, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: lucky man ]

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
FYI I do have a small amount of preservative in my scents. You almost have to have some.

If you have questions about my scents write to me.

my email is [email protected]

I will be glad to answer all your questions.

Thanks for asking!

Marie

Notice: ! !

Rick Martin of The Local Fisherman Newspaper has shown an interest in distributing Marie's Shrimp Scents! Ask him about it.!!

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Oh come on you cheapskates, go give Marie some business and buy a couple of new bottles. :laugh:
Iam still using some that i have had for a year and it still looks and smells the same and the springers liked it so i guess it keeps pretty good. Wonderful product and the nice thing is it works, and when you go to their shop you get to talk to two very nice people.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Thank You Very Much Cagey!! for those incouraging words.

If I had more customers like YOU I could retire~

I wonder if folks out there will take your advice?

Dennis baught me a FAX machine today, I wonder if folks out there would like to FAX-IN their
Shrimp Scent Orders to me?

Question? How many of you own a FAX machine?
and How many would use it to place orders to Tillamook Bait Shop?

Thanks again Cagey, You are wonderful!

Sincerely,
Marie

·
Registered
156 Posts
If you use an injector, make sure to pull it out of your bait before releasing pressure. I had a bottle go bad on me after pulling in some shrimp juice.

Chris

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Just telling the truth Marie. I feel sorry for those who are not trying your Shrimp scent. :shrug: I catch a lot more fish since i started using it. :smile:

I have a little tactic that i use to get longer and better distribution of the scent and i will share that with all here.

First off i use a whole herring. I take a 1/4 " phillips screwdriver and i make a hole completely through the herring starting at the mouth and exit out the anus of the herring. I then use a syringe to inject the scent into the herring. As it is trolled the water pressure forces the scent out of the opening. I also place the scent on the outside of the herring. The water flow is minimal so the scent last a long time.

You can purchase the syringes at any drug store. The same use for insulin injections. We were catching springers this year when others were just setting and mumbling to themselves.

And if any of you are wondering if i get any discounts from Tillammok Bait for saying nice things the answer is no. I just know a good product when i see one and i dont mind saying so. :cheers:

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Marie,
I need to order some scents. I hope that you dont mind but I'll probably order 2 of each one that I want so I can try adding U.B. to one and using the other one plain to see if it works any better.
Talk with you soon,
Mike

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Good News Mike,

UB (Ultrabite)is NOW in Marie's Shrimp Scents!

Its what you have been asking for, now its here!

FAX in your order: (1503) 8425031

name
street
city
state
zip

credit card # and exp. date

phone:

ORDER REQUEST

*Marie' Shrimp Scent* 2 each
*Marie's Herring Scent* 2 each
*Marie's Salmon Feast* 2 each

with or without UB (Ultrabite)

If you want you can call in your order : 1503-842-5031

Marie at Tillamook Bait Company
www.Tillamookbait.com

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Question? How many of you own a FAX machine?

Does anyone own a FAX machine?

And if you do, would you want to use it to
place orders on?

Is it too expensive to use?

Is it a bother to use?

Thanks for helping me out!

Marie

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I heard from a good customer today that 10 fish were caught on the Nehalem River saturday morning!

Use herring (Blues)
Thanks,
Marie

[ 08-02-2003, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: Captain and Marie ]

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Marie,
How much UB did you add to the shrimp scent? As close as I can figure, based on manufactures recomendations and doing the conversion from metric measures to US measures the correct dosage is 4.8184979875 drops per oz.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I put the UB in each bottle seperatly, each btl is 2 oz, so about 8-10 drops each. Its starting to sell :cheers: before I even got the stuff.

Thanks to everyone who has come in recently to purchase my scents with UB , I want feedback! :grin:

Hope this helps some...

Marie

[ 08-03-2003, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Captain and Marie ]

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
TTT

see above post

Thanks,
Marie
PS Feedback wanted on UB and Marie's Shrimp Scents!

Here's a feedback I like to read about!!!
[email protected]
admin
Member # 2

posted 08-03-2003 04:39 PM

I know you can order it there.. I just wonder if it's the same stuff.
I think it is, since it smells so bad!

Bill used it today for his fish.
Bingo!

I am having a tough time deciding what to use lately... I love Marie's... We went steelhead fishing the other day and Bill smothered his lure in Marie's shrimp Scent and got two fish right away!

Then, he used Ultra bite and got a chinook today! (He's on a roll!)

I used Ultra bite most of the day, but then switched to Marie's and got the jack, and then used it again, and got the one I crackered off.

I think it just depends. I know for a fact that they BOTH work. It's like anything else.. If something isn't working for you, try something else you believe in!

Bill's sauce of the day was Ultra Bite. Mine was Marie's.
I'm keeping score.
Jen
--------------------
Expect a fish with every cast!
Get your ifish e mail! www.isp.ifish.net
...and remember: Life Jackets float. You don't!
eed back from Jennie!

[ 08-03-2003, 08:30 PM: Message edited by: Captain and Marie ]

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Marie's is going global, better get in on the ground floor. Great decision to offer your scents with UB, and great job on the correct amount to add, too much and the fish will start eating rocks when the bait is gone.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts