IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you think this one weighed? It had an extra fin so I had to return it to the water quickly. Fished Sat/Sun with one fat jack and this pig. The boat that was below us on Sat landed 4 and lost one. None of the four looked very big.

·
Registered
596 Posts
hey there !!! nice fish!! i'd say 25lbs plus maybe going close to 30lbs.
were ya around the 205 area?

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
40s? Very nice tho :shocked:

[ 06-23-2003, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: KingFisher85 ]

·
Registered
7,300 Posts
Close to 30....maybe a little over.

Nice fish! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Now wait a minute,I saw you I think??On sat,I was on the other side of the river then later on in the afternoon I came over to that side and I think I anchored wright above you.Were you in a 18ft or 19ft flatbottom sled.Tiller??I was in a 18ft red Alumaweld flatbottom.I think you guys took off 15 min. after I got there??

·
Registered
554 Posts
32.48 pounds. It looks like a nice fish. What was the length?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
To answer some questions, I don't know the length, didn't want to keep it out of the water long, but what separates this fish is it's girth. This fish was fat! My guess was close to 40#, but you know how that goes. I wish the picture turned out better because that was the prettiest thing I ever caught.

Yes, I was in an 18ft flat bottom with tiller. I don't remember a red flat bottom. Go ahead and wave next time, we are all friends.

D

·
Registered
5,721 Posts
Beautiful fish, GUESS??? over 30 lbs. maybe close to 35. :bowdown: :bowdown: :dance:

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I'd say 32 pounds or so. But, if you hadn't posted the picture it could have gone 40, maybe 45, easy!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
Registered
91 Posts
My guess 45-50 lbs. :grin: I heard somewhere about 1 lb per inch until they reach 40 inches then they start to girth up. :grin: Don't know if it's true, though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts