IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find a package tarpon, permit, etc. that is not only affordable but will leave my wife(who fishes) and I feeling relaxed and happy.

I've been on trips that leave me worn out from the pressure to have fun.

If you can point me in the right direction where the resort has a relaxed atmosphere, the guides are laid back but competent and the price is such that I wont have to stop fishing here to afford it I would appreciate it.

I've done lots of research but only get part of the picture without personal testimony.

Thanx

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
If you want affordable, you might look at belize, there may be some spots there that are reasonable. I've fished the florida keys and that can be affordable. There are spots out of key west that can be fun. First figure out when you want to go, as some spots fish better at certain times of the years. Keys tarpon can be good in may. There are permit, bones snook, baracudda, and a meriad of other species. I've done well just renting a little skiff and go out over reefs or flats there.
There are some resonable trips down in mexico too, there is a guy planning a trip there and it's cheap. He posted something about a month ago.
Have fun, I'm jealous!

·
Registered
10,558 Posts
I second Belize. I went to Turneffe Island Lodge, and it was comfortable, the fishing was good, and it was the kind of place that a wife would enjoy, IF, she is content to read and sit on the beach. They also do dive packages.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanx for the info so far - I keep hearing about places like Cancun or the east side of Baja but don't have a clear picture about what is "reasonable" or "cheap".

I keep thinking that there are some relatively undiscovered places but maybe folks don't talk about them. I'm not sure I would but probably.

again thanx

·
Registered
275 Posts
My brother puts together some good trips if you're into fly fishing. He just took a group down to Argentina for some great Brown trout fishing coupled with a tour of wineries in the region. He does trips all over for a fair price. Please don't interperet the accompaning link as a plug, it's just family pride :smile:
www.oregonrivers.com/international.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts