IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any salty dogs out there have a prediction for getting out to the CR Buoy this Thurs & Fri :whazzup: It would be greatly appreciated. If your out there yourself, be sure to say hello.

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Looks as if high slack is around 8:30 or so Thursday and 9:40 or so on Friday. There is not much of an exchange on the ebb but nonetheless it is the CR bar and I would strongly advise not hopping it when the water is ebbing. Depending on the ocean conditions, you can make the hop at daylight and get your fish and be back before the water starts running out or just after the turn. I would be prepared to stay out awhile just in case you have to run South a little to find your fish and you get caught outside waiting for the tide to stop running. Been there, done that this year :shocked:

Good luck and be safe....

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
I just thought I would add in that the fish are coming in the river and you don't have to go out into the Ocean for fish. Also, the fish are starting to scater in the Ocean. If you find them, it can be over quickly, but if not it can take a full day to catch a limit.

I would caution you on going out on a high slack and coming in during the ebb. Those particular tides are fairly mild, but be aware.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I,m new to this and I appreciate the advice from the experienced fellas out there. It does look like the river
is picking up, so I will try inside first. The LURE of that incredible bite in the ocean is always present!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts