IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
With all do respect Susanbfishin if I had a wife that was concerned about my fishing equipment I'd be happy all the time.

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
No, I believe that Lamiglas is the place for you to go. Nothing against Ollie's, it's just that this is a rod. :smile: They do do some rod repair, but... still. Lami is the place for you.
Jen

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I am not his wife . . . YET, but I LOVE fishing, have done it all my life with my mom and dad but they have both passed away now. I was lucky enough though to find the love of my life 3 years ago and he loves to fish as much as I do. I caught my first salmon ever in July, a 30 pounder. What a RUSH !!!! I want MORE !!!!!!

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
You not only like to fish, but can keep track of the size of your boyfriend's past catches AND you take care of his gear? And he hasn't married you yet? Your boyfriend needs to have his head examined! :grin:

[ 09-25-2003, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: Old Coot ]

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Like Jenni said take it up to there shop, tell them what happen and they well eather replace it or fix it.
I busted the tip not off but it just bent over, I sent it to them and in about 3 weeks I hade a new backbouncer pole. Great people to work with. RIVER-RAT.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Welcome SusanBfishin and congrats :cheers: on the 30lber. The more you catch, the more you will want to catch!! :wink: I can tell you that from personal experience!!

Dipnet :grin:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My boyfrined was fishing on Monday and had a nice 25 pound Chinook on. Just as he was getting the fish netted, the end of his pole broke off, about the last foot of it. It is a very nice Lamiglas Kenai Special which he won as first prize in the Hebo fishing derby 2 years ago. (He caught a 42 pounder). Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get it fixed ? I went to the Lamiglas website and they want you to mail the pole in but we are afraid this will take too much time, he wants to go fishing next week. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Sure, take a short drive up the road to Woodland WA to their factory and they'll usually take good care of you on the spot. And be honest with them....even if you tell them you snapped the darn thing in a car door, they'll still take good care of you.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Try driving over to the Lamiglas shop in Woodland. I took my pole over and they replaced the tip in minutes. Of course, my problem was easy to fix...

·
Registered
348 Posts
I have a Kenai Special that the tip broke and I drove up to Woodland and they tryed to charge my $60 to replace it. If they try that on you don't give in. I didn't have to pay the money. They make good rods but sometimes I don't know how much I like them.

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
SusanBfishin,
Not his wife yet, being so cool and thinking of him and his fishing gear like that. He better marry you, or he's a crazy dog! :smile:
Yep, lami in woodland. Angler's workshop next door is great too, so stop in there and check it out too for some goodies.
GBS

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
SusanB,

I think I know where your boyfriend was fishing, that was a crazy day over there. A friend of mine brought in a nice 30 lber with a broken reel. The drag was stripped and so was the skin on his thumb when it was all over. Sounds like everyone had a pretty good day, minus the broken gear.

Good luck on fixing the Lami, I would be shocked if they don't take care of you.

Scott

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks all for your info and suggestions on fixing the pole. He is going to take the pole up to Lamiglas next Friday. Also thanks to all of your for your comments on the "relationship".. I will be sure to print this off and let him read it so he knows what a great "catch" I am! LOL

1 - 19 of 19 Posts