IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I would like to introduce myself...
I have not posted since granted a membership at IFish (been too busy with life in general).

Anyhow, I've enjoyed reading stories, tips and issues on this board with great interests; you folks are a bunch of great knowledge and down to earth people.

I've always enjoy fishing as a young boy living around the Portland area, targeting pan fish. As I began to work with a great bunch of guys, I was introduced to salmon & steelhead fishing a couple of years ago and enjoy learning how to tie hooks and making jigs from them. I still have a lot to learn though.

I have two boys ages 7 & 4, I take them fishing whenever I can and they enjoy playing around the river building pools rocks and sand castles. Last summer I took my 7 yrs old to OC for shad fishing and encounter a hilarious situation that we laughed all the way home. We were fishing at the park when a couple of guys came down next to us and started to rigged up their poles, one seems to know what he was doing, the other pretend he does (with lots of giggling laughs). By the way they rigged up, I think they were regulars at Bonneville Dam. They have on heavy leads and let it stays on the bottom too long and the results was snags.
They managed to deplete their tackles supply. The guy that know how to fish got disgusted and left for a smoke break while the newbie stick around and try to figure out new strategy. I offered to show him how to rig up with lighter lead and correct hooks, and he managed to get snags anyway. During this trying time there were a splash to the left of him, so we all turned our heads and watch as he dropped everything and chase after the splashing thing by rocks, it is unbelievable to see a shad trying to beached itself and he was trying to catch it with his hands. After a while he brought the fish back to show us… it turns out the fish’s eyes were blinded by something and it could not see. My son and I had a good laugh out of that trip at OC. I treasured those moments :smile: .

Fishingaddict.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Some of the craziest/funniest fishing mishaps have also come during shad fishing for me also, it's one reason i fish for em'.

great story, welcomr it ifish! :cheers:

cb :tongue:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Welcome aboard and good fishen to you & the Kid's. :cheers: :cheers: See you on the river some time.

Good fishen Arch

1 - 6 of 6 Posts