IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting to fish Heceta for years now but haven't felt it would be worth the run if I didn't have any numbers for halibut. I made the trip down to the north end a couple of years ago from Newport on a whim and ran into tons of sable fish and sticky clay but couldn't stay long so I could beat the north wind in the afternoon.

Even though the warm water has been coming in north of Heceta I'm sure with that much structure there has to be plenty of bait around, so the next time conditions are good in that area I'd like to make a combo halibut-tuna trip out of Florence, I just feel a little shakey about it with the price of fuel this year.

· Registered
2,465 Posts
If you think your going sometime, I can get you some #'rs no problem. There in my boat but Ill send them to ya if you'd like.:cheers:

Brandon

· Banned
8,835 Posts
That's always been no-man's-land to me, mostly because of the distance a guy has to hammer back against the northerly winds. If it kicks up at all, you're a loooong way south when you start home.

But it's also intriguing if for no other reason than nobody goes down there. Or at least it seems that nobody gets there.

What are the stories from Heceta?

Skein

· Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wish I could go this weekend but I have other plans.
It's just so hard to pass up a sure thing with The Chicken Ranch and good tuna fishing around Newport and Depoe but I'm ready for some new water. Lets keep an eye on conditions and think about next week.

Thanks Weather or Knot I'll send you a PM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.