IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chicken Soup is busy making the cover for their book, Chicken Soup for the Fisherman's Soul.

They are in the process of browsing through pictures.

Want to share some?

What's needed is active fishing pictures, not dead fish. I went through mine, and I have to say, I have TONS of dead fish pictures!

Things that would be good candidates:

Pics with Grandparents and kids are great... while fishing, again.

Kids fishing.

People helping others while fishing.

Rod arched pictures!

The background should not be too busy. Solid backs are best. A blue sky is great, so that the active fisher people stand out.

Do you have any in your library?

Jen

·
Administrator
119,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oops!
Never mind... Just found out they have to wrap it up tonight. :depressed:

J

G

·
Darn...I wanted to....

SCARE EM' with Get Bent :shocked:

Show em' you become two old farts before you know it. :laugh:

[ 08-19-2003, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: ****** ]

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
And what's wrong with old farts? :whazzup: Some of the nicest people I know are old farts and I'm one of them so my husband tells me!!!!!!!!! :wink:

Dipnet :grin:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Fish-on...where is this picture of the alder fired salmon taken? I have always wanted to taste this type of fish. Let me know if you can...appreciate it... Fishrite

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hey I recognize those fire pits! Tillicum villiage on Blake island. Spent many a night there in my youth. Well at least on the other side of the island where the kids could keep out of trouble most of time. :wink:

·
Registered
331 Posts
******:
That first picture is great. Looks like an anxious moment. Did you land the fish?

G

·
Originally posted by Elwix:
******:
That first picture is great. Looks like an anxious moment. Did you land the fish?
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Under the boat thing. Yep. :smile:

took the shot and

put the net on it and

got to be all smiles.

Did tell them both a fish was going to eat it in my hands on this trip bouncing out, after changing spinners, and somehow it did. :laugh:

Good times. :cool:

Rick

[ 08-19-2003, 06:33 PM: Message edited by: ****** ]

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
How about these pics

This one is of my daughter Maddie, when we were springer fishing she drew up some new Kwikfish patterns for me to look at!

She loves to fish and can go salmon fishing with me all day... she is my future best fishing buddy I am sure

I know you said no dead fish pictures but this is a great one of my son Morgan's first salmon he landed all on his own... a 12lb springer :grin:

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
fishrite,

Cook alder plank salmon on your bbq. I've seen them sold at Thriftway in Wilsonville 3 planks for 9 bucks and change. You can search the web for them too. You soak the plank in water for an hour, then you put your salmon skin side down on the plank. Season your salmon how you like it. Put the plank right on the cooking surface on the bbq. The plank will smoke, but not burn for the most part. I keep a water bottle handy for any flare ups. It works great on gas or charcoal.

It sure tastes good. :dance:

SKP

·
Registered
371 Posts
I did notice you said these pics were no longer needed, but you just don't put out an invite of this sort to Grandpas with a reasonable expectation of the old boys reading the fine print!

Here's a pic of my 9 year old granddaughter bringing in a 43" sturgeon. She got the fish all the way to the net by herself. This is the only shot I got, because I was a little nervous and wanted to be close by in case she needed help staying in the boat. Check out that form!!

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Hey ****** it is kind of hard to believe that something so sweet can come from something so crusty like me :laugh: :laugh: :grin:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts