IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am off to stay in Netarts tonight and head for Nehalem tomorrow morning. I wanted to know how it has been the last couple days and if there are any last minute tips that I should take heed of.

Thanks in advance,

FOD

[ 08-14-2003, 11:17 AM: Message edited by: FishOrDie ]

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have not heard the latest report, but I hope it's good; I too will be fishing Friday. At least I will be FISHING and not working tomorrow :smile: !

PS -- Are barbless hooks required?

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Be sure to take some Prozac in the morning, that way the constant sea weed tangles wont upset you too much :grin:

[ 08-14-2003, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: TundraIII ]

·
Registered
400 Posts
a lot of coho at the mouth but you will need nerfing bars on you boat,
been a lot of wind,

·
Registered
46 Posts
Catching has been very slow in the Nehalem/Wheeler area for the past week, but there has been no shortage of boats on the water! I've heard of, or seen three or four fish picked up everyday early between Wheeler and Paradise Cove. Be prepared for some heavy duty seaweed harvesting in that area.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
The weeds are HORRIBLE!! Very irritating. But there are some fish around. You just have to work for them. All I can say is check your bait often.

·
Banned
2,392 Posts
FOD- I sent you an email but it wasn't delivered.

I picked up a couple of fish there a week or so ago with the old stand by blue label herring in the Wheeler area. Get yourself some Marie's shrimp scent if you don't already have some and inject that into them. I use the weed guards that are about 1.5" long of clear hard plastic, they cover my 6 ball bearing swivel and I had no problem with the weeds.

By the way, are you a current student at OSU and do you have a house in Netarts? I'm an OSU grad as of this past spring and our home base for fall chinook is our house in Netarts.

SH22

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
CRAB is easier to catch than SALMON.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts