IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did the Hawg & Dawg Salmon Tournament benefit today. A gorgeous day and a fair amount of fish caught all over the Willamette.

Be interesting to hear from other Ifisher's in the tourney, where, with what etc.

We had one keeper, the pic below, 16 lbs, 33". Had another native about 20 lbs. Winner had 5 fish for a total length of 200".

Fishing with bare prawn rig, diver and back bouncing got the fish for us, we were in about 20-30 feet of water.

Fish were being caught all over. No particular hotspot that we could see. Saw them caught at the Garbage Hole, right below Clackamas, right below Meldrums, right off of Cedar Creek(?) ramp. We saw bankies on Meldrum catching, bankies across from Meldrum catching.

Looks like fishing is picking up all over.

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Nice fisheeee. Good job. Money well spent.

And you even had good weather to boot.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Small Fry,

Money well spent.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">I hope so...I'm not quite sure what the Hawg & Dawg benefit if for..."Fish Enhancement" it said. I went as a favor to fill up a boat.

If someone knows the details on what it benefits, I'd love to hear about it.

Bob Rees and a couple Tillamook Angler boats were there. I got to say Hi! to Bob.

Brion

·
Registered
745 Posts
Buddy of mine and his dad fished this tournament and came in Third place. They went 5 for 10 with some really nice fish. All manners of herring rigs were effective for them.
Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts