IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HAVE COHO SALMON LIMITS CHANGED RECENTLY ON RIVERS LIKE THE SANDY AND SUCH? IF FISHING FOR BOTH SALMON AND STEELHEAD, HOW MANY OF EACH CAN YOU NOW LEGALLY KEEP? THANKS, HEADING OVER THIS WEEKEND, AND JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE I HAVE THE RULES DOWN PAT.

[ 09-18-2003, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: STGRule ]

·
Banned
3,904 Posts
Hello Salmonking,

Fished with Brad the other day and fished with his brother Guy a little while back when he was out visiting. Guy has made a remakable recovery from his tragic auto accident.

Some of the rivers and bays have had there dailey limits of coho increased and it was recently posted by Pete I believe. Do a search on ifish community forum and you will find it or I suppose you can go to the ODFW site and find the info. I just don't have the time right now.

Dan

[ 09-18-2003, 04:28 PM: Message edited by: DepoeBayDan ]

·
Registered
38 Posts
I did not post the full news release below because it is quite extensive in its listing of waterbodies so click on the link if you want full details.

ODFW News Release
Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife

For immediate release
Thursday, September 11, 2003

Information and Education Division
(503) 947-6020
3406 Cherry Avenue NE
Salem, OR 97303-4924

Hatchery Coho Bag Limits Increase on Coastal Streams and Lower Columbia Tributaries

SALEM –Taking advantage of abundant hatchery coho returns, Oregon fishery managers increased daily catch limits for adipose fin-clipped coho to three fish in many coastal rivers and Columbia River tributaries below Bonneville Dam. The new bag limits go into effect Saturday, Sept. 13.

Anglers may retain an additional adipose fin-clipped coho in their normal two salmon and steelhead daily bag limit.

Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife (ODFW) estimates that nearly 1 million hatchery coho were present in the ocean this summer, with about half returning this fall to the Columbia River.

Biologists analyzed risks to wild stocks in each of the rivers affected by the bag limit increases and concluded that the additional harvest opportunity would not adversely affect the naturally spawning populations.

·
Registered
160 Posts
howdy,

read on odfw that the limit was increased to three adipose fin clipped coho a day on all columbia river tribs and coastal streams down to the rogue...

good luck and tight lines.
fishaholicaz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts