IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to share an experience I had on Turkey Day. Not all hunters are rude. My huntting buddy and I pulled up to a locked gate before day light and waited in the rig because we knew the elk could be in the cutting 100 yds. past the gate. A truck pulled up behind us about 10 minutes later and we were sure they were going to try and blow by us to beat us to the cuttings and timber, WRONG. Afew minutes after pulling up we get a knock on the window. A hunter asked if we were going to be taking the roat to the left or right after going past the gate. He stated he would be glad to hunt wich ever direction we were not going to be going. He asked when we thought we were going to be heading in. After explaining we wanted to wait until legal hunting light he said no problem he would wait for us since we were there first. I know he didn't have to wait and he could have hunted anywhere he wanted but he chose to do the right thing, I was impressed and thanked the group of guys for asking. After heading in we all decided to work together and made a game plan. I don't know if any of them use this site but if they do they will know who they are and I want to say thanks again. We met up with the group later on in our hunt and had good conversations. I look forward to bumping into these guys again. One of the hunters did make the comment that if thier brother in law was there he would have never asked or even given it a thought. Just because your hunting public land doesn't mean you don't have to be polite. Kudos to those who are. :cheers:

· Banned
5,336 Posts
Absolutely!

There are tons of good folks out there enjoying the same woods.

I think the bad ones steal all of the press though, so it is nice to hear of someone having a good experience once in a while

· Registered
17,246 Posts
Great to hear a good story. I hope it rub's off a little! :cheers:

· Registered
14,707 Posts
Thanks for the report.

It's so easy to only go off on the bad experiences.

We should try to expose the good ones too.

:applause:

· Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry about the typing and spelling errors, I never proof read anything. I've had more bad experiences than good but this made up for most of the bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.