IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
801 Posts
Today at Green Peter, 2 rods, 2 limits, rainbows 10-14", trolling spinners and green wedding ring with worm and corn near the dam.

Steve

·
Administrator
119,611 Posts
I think we all do, occasionally, but mostly this board is dedicated salmon and steelhead fishermen.

I went yesterday! Did I catch? No! Did I try your worm trolls? No! I would have like to have tried them, and I took them with me, but Lake Lytle is all weeded in, and we could barely get to the fish!

Next time, we are going to Lake Meares!

But... I did drive the boat and trailer, all by myself! Did the whole thing, from garage to lake!

Now, look out, Bill, cuz next time you go to Portland, I'm stealing the whole works for a day on the water all by myself! :smile:

Don't tell, OK? I'm sure he'll find out soon enough, by whatever damage I do!!!

Jen

·
Registered
2,884 Posts
2 weeks ago at Howard Prairie. No problem getting limits. All between 13"-23".

RF

·
Registered
3,838 Posts
Hagg Lake on Saturday. Managed to get 8 for about three hours of trolling. It was very, very windy and cold.

·
Registered
869 Posts
BattleGround Lake~

Ton's of fish and more "hold over" trout. I fished it 2 weeks ago from the bank and got my limit within 1 hour with corkie and a worm rig. There were many people fishing from boats (electric and oars only), fly fishers on float tubes...it seemed every cast those guys had a fish on..... The lake was stocked in early April.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
I fished Detroit this weekend also. I wonder how many ifishers were fishing in the derby?
No tagged fish for anyone. We couldn't get one even with a little inside info
!

Did you win anything in the raffle?

I didn't, but my buddy and his dad both did.
It sure sucks for the guy who wasn't present when they drew his name for the boat. I guess in this case second was the first WINNER! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Fished Detroit Lake 2 weeks ago for a few hours and caught severl Kokes and Rainbows. Trolling different spinners behind a ford fender with a bit of worm on the end.

Hey Jennie, you are working way too hard! Sounds like your mojo is on vacation :shrug: Perhaps you should take a week or two and go out and see if you can find it! I hate to hear about your fishless trips. You are the Queen of Ifish and if any of us are into fish it should be you. I will be praying to the fish gods on your behalf

·
Registered
609 Posts
Now that springers our winding down we took our first trip of the season to Merwin. The weather was beautiful on Sunday, and after finding the right depth with the down riggers we had plenty of action. Nothing like fat kokanee on light gear.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You folk's ever do Lacamas for browns. Always had a good time there when I lived in Vancouver. It's been awhile since I fished Detroit, there was a little hike in lake we'd stop at when ever we fished Detroit. Pamelia Lake ever hike up there? Full of stunted cutts but what a view, just spectacular. If you've never been there I recommend it.

[ 05-19-2003, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: PELICAN II ]

·
Registered
327 Posts
Fished Lava Lake on Sunday for about 5hrs, Nada not one bite :rolleyes: oh well it was a nice way to spend the afternoon :wink:

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
Wenas Lake yesterday (needed a break from unsuccessful steelie/salmon fishing). I didn't really fit into that tiny lake with a big sled, but oh well, the wife and I got our limits of 12" rainbows in about an hour!! Pretty fun on an ultra-light setup!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
Fished Detroit this weekend...entered in the derby they had...limits of planter trout came easy every day. :grin:
Nice way to spend a day.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Eggs, Powerbait, Worms on the bottom, floated off the bottom, under a bobber, scent, no scent. We talked about using a chicken wing but we ate them instead. :grin:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Last year this same weekend we had good success at Lava with garlic marshmellow/worm combo and crave as well as trolling.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts