IFish Fishing Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I have decided to have a carpenter do the job. Several years ago I would have
tackled it but I have to get it done in 2 weeks. Probably take me twice that long to do it.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm using a few of them.
fop

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I did something like this and have almost no skills. It was not too hard to get the old fiberglass out (but messy) The new shower pan was technical and I paid a guy from the gym to help me and I am glad I did. If that part gets screwed up it can be messy. I did not move plumbing so I got lucky. I did all the tile and it looks like a guy who took his time but doesn't really know what he was doing. The contractor price was over 10,000 dollars and I was in about 3,000 so I saved a lot but it was a lot of work and looks like a DIY job

·
Registered
351 Posts
Ha ha we just started last Friday, demoed the shower and drywall, framed a small 4’ wall, getting glass above that, friend came over this weekend and moved drain over and adjusted where head is going, friend did pan last 2 days, now just need to hang cement Bd and drywall, then tile comes next week and getting it done, prob going to take us around 3 weeks or so. Hardest part was my wife picking out the tile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have to take out my bathtub and install a walk-in shower with a seat. Hoping to install
a 60" wide so I won't have to change any walls.

Anybody got any hints how tough it will be?

fop
I work for Jacuzzi Bath Remodel. We do conversions all the time like this. We offer a lifetime warranty as well.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I have already hired a carpenter to do the job. Waiting for the walls as the base already arrived.

Also, I'm from Hoquiam, WA. so that might be a ways from you.

Thanks for asking,
fop

I work for Jacuzzi Bath Remodel. We do conversions all the time like this. We offer a lifetime warranty as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have to take out my bathtub and install a walk-in shower with a seat. Hoping to install
a 60" wide so I won't have to change any walls.

Anybody got any hints how tough it will be?

fop
I did a few years back .Had a very old cast iron bathtub weighed a ton bath was upstairs took the sledge to it . Got my shower pan from Ace . I used Kohler Lux Stone for the walls must say love the product .

·
Registered
228 Posts
You can get a one piece fibergalss shower. But might have to remove bath door and casing to get it in the room. They are maybe 32 " or 34" x 60". The curb heights range from 3/4" to 4". Also the drain position will vary for rough-in depending on brand. I gave spec'd. them on apartments and will look up some options tomorrow if you are interested.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 · (Edited)
Pretty much got it done today. Just need to put on handle. Gonna use a curtain for a bit then install a sliding door. Nothing fancy for this old 100 year old house. A little touch up paint and install some corner shelves.
fop
Plumbing fixture Fixture Bathroom Gas Composite material

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Probably hardest part of the deal was getting the old blue cast iron tub out. Had to weigh 300 pounds. Just got to replace the blue crapper and will be done for a while.
fop

21 - 35 of 35 Posts