IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to introduce myself, I've been a lurker here for a while and signed up yesterday.
Anyway as my name implies, I fish mostly for chinook, heaviest in the fall. I use Harrington rods, I have four of them. Any of you guys use em?
Anyway, Howdy from a newbie. :smile:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Welcome to Ifish Chinookster

I know those Harrington rods can handle a load, they are tough but I need my Carbon Fiber, cant beat the sensitivity.

Looking forward to seeing all those Fall pigs you bring in with your Harringtons.

Bobby

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
Yes I have been using Harringtons for 20 years and own 4 rods a 205, 207, 552, and a 724. From the bank plunking there is nothing better.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Bright, I will post some pix.
Hogg: I have a 459, 207, and I dont know what the others are. Thanks for the replies guy's.

·
Registered
7,243 Posts
Welcome to ifish! :smile:

I don't have any harringtons but I'm working on a couple of rainshadow saltwater series rods for fall nooks. We'll have to compare notes. :grin:

·
Banned
37,111 Posts
I use a Harrington 207 for boat bobber fishing in the fall. Sensitivity? In a bobber rod? yeah, right.

I especially like the soft tip for lofting eggs and the fact that I can drive a 6/0 Owner clear through a 'nook snout with it. When that hog heads for the anchor line it ain't sensitivity that turns him back out into the river. Harrington's are tough and stout enough to get the job done!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Anyone know of a cheap place to pickup some Harringtons if possible? I wouldn't mind getting one or two for casting alvins in the bay and for bobbering.
I guess Ron at Nest. Valley Sporting goods will make them but it's something like $170 or so. Seems a little steep but what do I know?
Chinookster congrats on joining can't wait to see some pics.

Later Geoff

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Chinookster welcome to ifish, lots of good people here, as far as your harringtons, there no good so I'd be willing to take the bunch off your hands for postage, and maybe a little extra for your time. Just kidding, great sticks!
Mike

·
Registered
131 Posts
Chinookster,
I've had 3 Harringtons. Gave a 724 Harrington to a friend years ago. The other two I'm unable to remember the numbers of. I use one for bank fishing Sturgeon. The other for bobber fishing Salmon sometimes.
God Bless

fearsnofish

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by weekend warrior:
Anyone know of a cheap place to pickup some Harringtons if possible?

Later Geoff
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">It's been over 10 years since I bought a blank. It was at Larry's in OC, and I think I paid around 40 for it, the others were willed to me. You might check out that Harrington Website for prices or places that sell them in our area. I thought the Harrington site was great. History of Harrington/Harnell. Thanks to everybody that replied. Now to reply to some of you guy's posts : )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts