IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Steve - heard things were still a bit slow at the Reach, but at least you and Brad had some action. :dance:

Really glad you talked to the judges about those snagging low-lifes. They got exactly what they deserved from the Derby - embarassment and rejection.

Still too bad that they got the fish the way they did. :mad:

Dean

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
:hoboy: :shrug:
:blush: :dance:

:grin:

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
Sounds like the were gaffing all right!

From about 20' vertically!

:hoboy:

So did you make some new skins from that one you kept? I'm still worried your tootsies are going to freeze off if you keep wearing those sandals on your midnight massacres!

:grin: :grin: :grin:

:cheers:

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
A buddy of mine talked me into fishing the KC Salmon Derby in the Hanford Reach, Sat. and Sun.
We ran down to the Punch Bowl hole and ran Jet divers and sardine wrapped kwikfish. On the first pass I hooked up and in just a short time I managed to lose the fish :depressed: Brad hooked up to a big hog on the fourth pass and darn near got it to the boat but it too came unpinned. Those were our only hook ups on Saturday. We did see
a crew of jiggers that were reeking havoc on the Salmon population. I got to see a memorable fight of approx 35 minutes of one of the fish they foul hooked. It came up tail first. Being in a foul mood, I contacted the derby judges to have them check on the no gooders. When they tried to weigh in their fish, all seven of the ones they kept out of hooking 16, the judges asked the sphincters why the bodys were ripped in some places. They replied that they had gaffed the fish to get them onboard. Needless to say, they were disqualified from the Derby. On Sunday, we again hit the Punch Bowl and we finally got one 25 pound boot. The first two placers had 33 pounders. Nobody caught the tagged fish which would have won the lucky person a new boat. Back to doing the night thing. Don't have to work so hard there, nor are there any snaggers! :cheers:

[ 09-30-2003, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: FEAR NO FISH! ]

1 - 5 of 5 Posts