·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4 adult fish limit starting tomorrow.

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
Watch out little fishies. A big bad man is after you ...

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
And once again I am correct in my predictions. FNF glad you're happy ya fish horder. :wink: Saw ya down around Hammond this season with a big smile.

Heres the damper. 1 nook in the estuary, 4 in Radioactive City. Happens every year. Just kinda gets to a guy a bit. Enough sour grapes. Just restating what I said earlier in the season when they set the limits. Sure gonna be a lot of wasted fishies. But not if FNF is there. You guiding up the son? :grin:

·
Registered
19,910 Posts
C&E,where's the logic in this? It would appear the Game commision is saving fish for some other user group. And here's another head scratcher,the Chinook fish hatchery raises tules. What in the world for? Seems like a waste of fish food.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't chase those old boots. After all the Salmon I got to play with this year, I'd rather chase the nocturnal slime rockets. For all the fish in the system, it is still kinda slow. Got to see another near miss at McNary last night. A huge barge entered the forebay and the trollers there almost refused to budge. 5 series of 5 blasts makes for 25 honks! Keyripes they are loud! I clear out before any of the honking but some people like to play chicken.Those people(idiots) have brass cahones! I sure would have liked to have the more liberal limits when I was down below. 4 boots doesn't make much sense. :cheers:

·
Registered
609 Posts
Any reports on how the fishing is up on the reach?? Gotta figure out where I'm going for my last Fall foray. 4 large adult boots makes for long hours at the smoker.

Full Freezer

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
I agree with the masses. We were turning back URB's 3 weeks ago (and driving 700 miles for the weekend), but now I can keep a bunch in my back yard. Boots=Yuck. Does anyone know when the tules are ever good? Like in June at Westport, or do you have to Vancouver Island to get them when they're still nice? I don't know anything about that special "slime run" of fish.

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
Yakazuma man -

Who are you kidding?

I KNOW you need some new boots! You were wearing those silly sockless sandals out there at 10.

:grin: :grin: :grin:

Aside from barge bronkin', hows the action on the noc fishin?

Geez, ya never call, ya never write, I almost think you don't love me anymore!

:cheers:

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
Ya need socks for boots??? :laugh: I guess you could catch 4 female boots a day for the egg score but then you would be chastized here on the board for doing it. :hoboy: Too bad.

·
Registered
533 Posts
fished the reach sunday, about two dozzen boats, saw a couple caught, we raised one to the boat.
water was really low, really clear and really really warm

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
****** and piggly wiggly, soon! Aim for the Full moon in the beginning of Oct. Hogmaster have you healed from the last time we greased sphincters and wrestled? :cheers:

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
Shhhhh! You can't write that! :shocked:

I'm Tilly bound that first weekend, so you'll have to find another victim.

Another time, but...

Fortunately, I still have my iron grip so's you's wont's be's able's to's throw's me's overboard's!!!!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Reading through these responses, and seeing that you all are "ol-timers" (judging from the number of posts that you have made...) I have a question! :whazzup: The numbers of salmon have increased dramatically and I see they are listed in the fall run column.
Why is it that "you all" are referring to them as "Old Boots"? :shrug: Shouldn't these be fresh salmon on a recent run? Or do they deterioriate that quickly when reaching the warm Handford reach waters? :blush: Thanks :smile:

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
Weeler -

It has to do with that Dam syndrome.

No, not really, the fish that hang in the Hanford reach were chromers at Buoy 10. But they spawn in the fine glowing gravel of the land of Nuclear and FNF waste. Any fish that gets to the spawn cycle inherently starts taking on the hue of a fine pair of Doc Martens...

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wheeler Dealer,

We call them old boots cuz after you catch them and put them into the cooler they look like they have bubonic plague. They have traveled along way to get to the Reach. Nothing beats a Springer!

·
Registered
339 Posts
That's the truth! About the springers! And we all know you don't fish for them at the reach! LOL! Right Steve!Cuz nothings better than a down river fish in April!LOL!MMMM! I think I will Pull some of my stash out of the frezzer!You need a road trip to T-bay! Those fish are as close to a springer you will get this time of year! Tight lines! ...Shakerfish!....

·
Registered
22,375 Posts
Gary, I've seen FNF and if you boys be wrestling then I would compare this to a grizz wrestling a twinkie. :laugh:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts