IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always launched from Ft.Canby or Chinook to fish the B10 - Bridge area. What is the run like from the Oregon side from Hammond or Warrington? Jus :shocked: t in case I should ever get myself in trouble?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hammond is the shorter run to fishing, but it can be a zoo, which is an understatement. At least the lines move quickly when I have been there. Its actually a pretty fun drill. It has more parking than Warrenton. Warrenton has very limited parking and a short run at 5mph to the big river. Now tell us what the WA side is like?

·
Registered
12,186 Posts
Hammond is probably the better bet. One thing to be aware of. Make sure you have your stuff together and dialed in. It's a mad house and patience is thin when a boater ties up the ramp to get things situated, so be prepared to rock and roll while in line, before the launch. Good luck out there.

·
Registered
540 Posts
has anyone put in at the west mooring basin on HWY30 and run across the upper end of the sands. Some once told me their was a small channel up their out in front of the tounge piont CG station.

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
Hammond is closer, more capacity.

Warrenton ramp is skinny, steep, slimy and no one should ever think of putting in there. :wink:

Be aware of the Desdemona Sands!

I would put in at Chinook, but the WA crab rules confound me.

[ 08-19-2003, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: lost_sailor ]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.