IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The plan was to catch a few Coho and a meal of crab.

We did manage 8 crab but NO | NADA fishes!

Of course there were hundreds of boats, we only saw 4 netted. A few people on the VHF were getting a few but most of the air talk was it was slower than normal. :shrug:

I heard up river was slow today too. The fish took the day off.

·
Registered
797 Posts
willyj and i fished above the bridge on the wash. side an d had 2 chinook and 4 coho by noon. saw lots of fish caught. it was nice to meet you fishwhacker.

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
Didn't fish, but got 32 crabs (4 short of our limit). Pleasantly surprised to see traffic moving smoothly at the ramp.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Fished out of Hammond friday and i was too also impressed with the fluidity of the ramp, despite all the boats and the guy who dropped his new TJ on the ramp. :shocked:

·
Registered
6,936 Posts
Yeeeoooww!!! That would hurt!! I'm not naive enought to say it'll never happen to me, but I don't understand how anybody could let that happen!

·
Registered
333 Posts
Fished The Oregon side from bouy 31 to 25 put 3 Coho and 1 Chin in the box let an unclipped Coho go. Friend of my limited 3 people by about 1:00 pm the bite was scattered but if you kept grinding away you got fish. :grin:

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
Beside leaving my camera at the Hammond cleaning station with pictures of my daughter's first salmon caught in her life,
We went out in the ocean and caught maybe 15 fish, and released most, because they had too many fins. We did get 5 silvers for 4 people before it got bumpy out there. We did release about a 20+ pound chinook, my daughter caught. Bummer, it was questionable if it was a chinook or silver, it had the fin, but it had a black mouth, but white/gray skin by the teeth. It also had the chinook blothcy spots. I didn't want a ticket, so back it went. I talked with the fish checker, and they said it was probably a chinook. Oh well. :shrug:

And thanks to the guy who gave me a salmon at the cleaning station! We took 6 salmon home for 4 people.

Some guy pulled up and said, "Do you want a salmon?" I said, if you are giving one away, yes. He said he didn't have anywhere to keep it for the day, so he was just going to give it away, since he only had one small silver. So, we gave a salmon back to the ocean, and someone gives one to us!
I guess it all works out in the end.

SKP

1 - 8 of 8 Posts