IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I’ve posted previously about a Tikka rifle that I bought new last year which has extremely dissatisfying finishes in the steel and stock. I’ve decided to refinish the barrel and replace the stock, because the thing is a tack driver.

Can anyone recommend a gunsmith within ~100 miles of Corvallis who does a good cerakote?

Also, any recommendations for a synthetic aftermarket stock for under ~$300?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Honestly, Cerakote is so hard to screw up that those who do so should probably find a new line of work. You don't even really need a gunsmith for that. TJ's gets my vote.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
TJ gun sales in McMinnville has a gunsmith that does a good job with cerakote. If you call the store they will give you his contact info.
Cascadian Gunwerks. Veteran owned and operated. (253)-732-6926, he much prefers text over calling. He does excellent work.

Owl

·
Registered
93 Posts
JNC Gunsmithing in Sweet Home is certified to do Cerakote.

I have not been his work myself, but my hunting buddy has seen recent work (from this summer) and he said it looks great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts