IFish.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Savage 110 in the 30-06. Bought new for just over $300 about 10 years ago. I like it but I seem to have to pull the trigger forever before it finally discharges(stiff, not lottsa play). I tried out a couple of other guns this last year owned by family and discovered all guns aren't like mine :eek:. No where near as much draw or recoil. I like this and don't have the funds to get a new one....so can anyone recommend a good gunsmith who can do some work without ****** me and about what should I expect to pay? :help: I live in SE PDX and work in Hillsboro if that helps.

thanks..
Marty

·
Registered
3,400 Posts
The new savage has the accutrigger on it that is adjustable, still about the same price? You could always sell the old one and get the new one with adjustable trigger? Not sure how much a trigger job would cost?

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
I recommend Marcus Schmidt at Al's Gun Shop in Verboort (Forest Grove) He is an expert on triggers and will solve your problem (If this is out of the AUP policy, please delete!:redface:)

Rusty

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I recommend Marcus Schmidt at Al's Gun Shop in Verboort (Forest Grove) He is an expert on triggers and will solve your problem (If this is out of the AUP policy, please delete!:redface:)

Rusty

Rusty...

Thanks for the tip!

Marty

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Hello Marty - If you can use a screwdriver, you can install a trigger from Rifle Basix in about 15 minutes. These are very good triggers for the money! 100% drop in for the Savage, fully adjustable from 1-3 lbs and uses the existing safety.
The gunsmith I worked for for a time even replaced a few Accu-triggers with these for the guys who just didn't like the "Glock" style trigger. Have a fine day, Ken

·
Registered
316 Posts
Try Don Norris in Beaverton. He is an ex-marine and gunsmith who does some work out of his house. He is very good and very reasonable. He did a trigger job on a Browning of mine...I think it was around $30.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts