IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just talked to Bruce who is fishing with bobbers today. (funny way to catch salmon) Seems he is doing a fine job of breaking in his new bobber rod he got from Roy at Trask River Tackle. Currently he is doing a 6/0 run on my best buddy Jeff. As long as the rain stays away we should have some awasome fishing over the next two weeks. I know I'll be back down as soon as I free up some punches on my tag, something about 4 in 7.

·
Registered
14,813 Posts
Man alive Steve, you're gonna get me in trouble. You know I could never catch a fish until I met you guys :wink: Jeff described it as "la Clinica".

Bad news about "Connie" the bobber rod. While fighting a fish yesterday (#6 I think, but hard to remember :shrug: ) while following the fish under the boat, the last 10" or so snapped just as the loaded rod hit the water. :depressed:

Thanks for the conference call to the Quality Assurance Department at Trask River Tackle...but as you know, they are pretty slow to respond.

Think I'll glue another tip on her for now. 10 1/2' less 10" is still alot of bobber rod.

Thanks for the brag post. Jeeze, I hope Jeff doesn't read this :blush:

BTW: Young Ryan scored a buck this morning from my siter's "Petting Zoo".

[ 11-05-2003, 10:04 AM: Message edited by: Gun Rod Bow ]

·
Registered
8,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bruce is turning into a bobber fishing stud. This pic is from last week. We were done by 11:30 and headed to lunch.

Before too many people take pot shots at me for the grimice on my face with fish that are just not that big I want ot get my 0.02 in. This year in Astoria I fished the whole time left handed and have a bad case of tendonitis in my left elbow. Last year I came to Tillamook in Oct after fishing right handed and could not land a fish with my right arm and although this forced me to learn to fish left handed, I much prefer holding the rod in my right arm. Man it sucks getting old but then the older I get the more fish I catch and for these last 6-8 years the more fish I release. So far in Tillamook I have only killed 6 fish so I am gurding my punches carefully and releasing many fish.

[ 11-05-2003, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: fishbait ]

·
Registered
22,376 Posts
I wanna be like you guys! :bowdown: :bowdown: AWESOME! :cool:

·
Registered
8,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Randy,

Liked it so much I stepped up for number 2. This is the first year in over 20 years that I have gotten through a TW season on one reel. (not done yet) there have been years that I have gone through 4 abu garcias. But you know how I fish and how tight I keep my drag. Had a big buck take out about 50 yards on me and my drag was so tight I had trouble pulling any line off the reel by hand and it didn't even cough, great reel. :smile: I am thinking about selling all my garcias and getting a couple more and then just some spare spools.

And John, give Stew a break, he probably did not know about that rule having never had to deal with that issue. :shrug: :laugh: :laugh:

Fisherman,

The more time I spend with Bruce the more I like him. He's got sand........ I think we might have created a bobber monster, but well have to see how well he goes the distance. So far the roster for the Blind Squirrels looks like it will not change...... Heard he shot a nice buck this morning, not a bad week, doing a 6/0 run on Jeff and then a couple of days later filling his tag.

G

·
Originally posted by fishbait:
And John, give Stew a break, he probably did not know about that rule having never had to deal with that issue. :shrug: :laugh: :laugh:
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Yeah! sooo? :shrug:

[ 11-05-2003, 05:02 PM: Message edited by: Stew ]

·
Registered
14,813 Posts
Just to clarify, I did not shoot a buck. I did archery this year. Ryan took this monster from my sister's petting zoo (the family ranch).

I think it was named "Petey". The little orphan deer that was raised and bottle fed by my neice.

I untied the rope around it's neck just before Ryan showed up.

I asked him for his handkerchief so I could wipe the milk off it's nose before we took the picture.

:laugh: :dance: :laugh:

More on the hunting page.

·
Registered
8,838 Posts
Which one got shot? :grin: :shocked: :grin:

GRB, so sorry to read about the formerly virgin Connie Swayle losing her 10 1/2 ". She must feel very empty and I hope she gets a replacement unit soon!

Now that she has more experience though she will no doubt move better during the heights of emotion and will be less likely to underperform.

By the way, Nutria season is in full swing here in front of the office, should you want to send some of your crew over for a little R&R during break time...

:grin:

PS - I thought you were going to leave a couple of fish in the bay for the rest of us!??

:cheers:

·
Registered
14,813 Posts
Pig Daddy,

I was about to give up on Connie and just replace her with a young, "un-tried" replacement with the soft supple tip action that I once dreamed about. That feel that Connie once had.

But I realized, Connie gave me a special gift, one that she could only give away once. I have decided to glue a tip on her and keep on using her.

I am good with the realization that others may have a more springy, youthfull feel, but she's my girl. She'll keep on performing into the future. Maybe flannel clad and not silk, but reliable as an old watch and..well..comfortable, you know?

Besides, now with 10" of tip gone, I can really bend their necks on the hookset. I'm thinking about going up to 60#.

·
Registered
10,861 Posts
Geesh,
Shoot one little deer out of a petting zoo (#37) right?
Fishbait you guys have created a monster that I feel will soon rival the legendary Jeff... that being said Bruce is one hell of a fisherman and a nice guy. That being said the fish should be scared, very scared.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts