IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Wilson (guardrail hole) from about 4 pm til dark today. My buddy had one on for a few and lost it. Saw one landed upstream from us, and right before dark the guy closest to us caught a 35 pound buck; couldn't get to his net (he had his hands pretty full!), so my bud does the 40 yard dash thru the water to net the fish for him, scared the hell out of the fish, but got him landed! It was this guy's first salmon, and he was SO CALM! No yellin, no jumpin up and down, nothing like that. I hope if and when I ever get one, I can handle it like he did; I was practically foaming at the mouth just watching... anyway, beautiful evening to be out in the water, and hopefully learned a little bit to help me in my quest for the elusive first salmon...

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
You've never landed a salmon? Email me, we will take you fishing and break the streak......... :wink:

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
.....and when you catch your first salmon don't act like a dud. FREAK OUT!! It's ok.

My biggest joy in guiding is when a rookie catches his first fish and he just loses it.

When he gets done screaming he can't begin to sign his tag legibly because of the adreninlin running through his viens.

Good luck!!

·
Premium Member
14,399 Posts
My hands still shake when I land a good fish. Freak out all you want. If you're not so excited you just can't stand it, maybe fishing isn't your thing.

·
Registered
10,842 Posts
My hands still shake when I land a good fish. Freak out all you want. If you're not so excited you just can't stand it, maybe fishing isn't your thing.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">DITTO THAT!! You need to yell out a big WHOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Make sure everyone hears you.

- :dance: jokester

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
SKP

less coffee, that should help the shaking part, unless its in your knees... the rest would definitely be salmon related....

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
SKP

less coffee, that should help the shaking part, unless its in your knees... the rest would definitely be salmon related....

·
Registered
869 Posts
I will agree with everyone who says that you must hoot and holler when you land the first big one. That steelie was my first and only (so far) steelie and I blew my gasket. (talking about my avatar picture...that's not comming up now) I high fived everyone on the river and quit fishing...just sat there in marvel looking for a pen and then trying to figure out where I was....had to ask a guy who was fishing next to me. He was laughing and mentioned that it must be my first one....and I got even more excited. I told everyone about that fish....even sent it out with the monthly daughter update picture to everyone in my e-mail contact list. They were asking why they got the fish picture....BECAUSE IT's a huge fish!! (to me anyway) Still the biggest to date that I've been able to take home and cook up for family and friends.

I work at a radio station....and when I get a contest winner....if they aren't excited....I feel like dumping them for someone else who will be jazzed about it.....so for the fish gods sake....HOOT AND HOLLER BROTHER!!!

[ 10-27-2003, 01:41 PM: Message edited by: Fisherfield ]

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have caught quite a few salmon and steelhead the last couple of years and I still can't calm down enought to fill out my tag for at least 15-20 minutes. That is why I still go out. It is an addiction!

FOD

·
Registered
3,604 Posts
I haven't caught a salmon since October 14, and I'm still shakin'!

I can't work, I can't stop thinking about it.

Occasionally, I'll see my bobber go down in my sleep, and set the hook, and smack the wife. :grin:

It's kind of like sleep walking, only sleep bobber fishing! :grin: Has this happened to others?

SKP

1 - 13 of 13 Posts