IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think this may have been a thread I did a couple of years ago but I think it would be interesting to again see which fishing or conservation groups you support or belong to :cheers:
Please don't bash someone elses choices or make this political...just list your groups or organizations :help:
I support or belong to the following groups
Native Fish Society
Trout Unlimited
Federation of Fly Fishers
Oregon Trout
Wild Steelhead Coalition

· Registered
243 Posts
IFISH, Hey, this place is turning some heads. Got some pretty interesting looks at the meeting. Rollin with my IFISH name tag. Maybe they wondered what the heck a phunybonz was... To be honest, I don't know either.
Back to the question, I will be donating to the nw anglers and nsia. Anyone know if these 2 groups are going to work together? I thought I heard this at the meeting but I heard alot of other stuff too.

· Registered
12,221 Posts
If you look at effectiveness of communication and impact on public perception of fishermen and fishing issues, I'd have to say that the best use of your support dollar to to send it to IFISH! Proof? Just attend these meetings and count the Ifish members that show up, check out the looks on the faces of the gillnetters that attend :)crazy:), then read the articles that talk of the large turnout of sportsfishermen that attend, then talk to Liz Hamilton about Ifish, etc. Liz feels that Ifish is NSIA's best friend.

Ifish is making a difference. Please support it financially this year. :wave:

· Registered
5,496 Posts
After being overseas in the military I was very unhappy with the state of our fisheries upon return stateside.

I'm a life member of Trout Unlimited and also the Federation of Fly Fishers now.

· Registered
16,924 Posts
I try to support a number of groups that advocate for fish and the underlying resource that they reguire. In this Columbia River fight, I especially like:

NorthWest Guides & Anglers Association
NSIA
Native Fish Society

Around Tillamook, where the issues are primarily maintaining and restoring habitat, I support:

Tillamook Estuary Partnership (organizers of Bounty on the Bay)
Oregon Shores Coalition
Cascade Resource Advocacy Group (they provide the legal expertise and counsel to conservation groups)

In answer to Phunybonz...

Yes, NWG&AA will work closely with and complement NSIA's work. NWGAA's board member Bob Reese was recently elected to the NSIA's board, ensuring close coordination.

· Registered
1,264 Posts
Here is a list of my friends, not necessarily in this order....
*Northwest Guides and Anglers Assoc.

*N.S.I.A.

*North Coast Salmon and Steelhead Enhancement Fund
( The North Coast Rendezvous )

*Tillamook Estuaries Partnership
( The Bounty on the Bay )

*Assoc. of Northwest Steelheaders

*Lastly but Definately not Leastly IFISH.NET

If anyone has any questions about any of these organizations feel free to PM or email me.

· Administrator
40,978 Posts
The question was "fishing OR conservation groups". I don't know that I would choose to support the NRA, but many people do and there's no doubt that they have a significant impact on management of public lands. Aren't you glad we live in interesting times? :wink:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Saying the NRA is a conservation group is like saying I am slender :laugh:
I'll word my thread more carefully next time :cheers:
Anyway back to the topic at hand :smile:

· Administrator
40,978 Posts
Different opinions are what makes it interesting. To say they are irrelevant to the conservation picture would be wrong.

· Registered
1,466 Posts
Northwest Steelheaders - 25 years
Common Waters of Oregon
Ifish
Northwest Sportfishing Industry Assoc.
Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Waterwatch

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.