IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maiden voyage of "Da Bomb" today in T-bay. Fuel/air mixture in the boat below the LEL and all were safe. Opened the jet up see what she would do. (BTW.....a 115/80 pump on an 18' flat bottom is alot of motor!) Gawd knows how fast we were going and instant power loss. Almost chucked El Kabong and Riverkeeper out of the boat. Something seemed really wrong. Turns out some parts fell off. I hate when that happens. The forward/reverse/vector-thruster/cup-thing/contoller bolt fell off with a half dozen other pieces. EK suggested we kicker in old mill and run over to Greg's to see if he could get us back on the water. Got to Greg's and he set us up with the parts needed....6 parts, total $8.50! 6 parts for a boat, all for $8.50!?? That never happens! B.O.A.T......Break Out Another Ten? I thought I was in boat part heaven. EK pointed out the sobering reality that the boat gods would catch up with me for this anomaly.

Within an hour we were back on the water catching no damn fish. Thanks Greg.

Freak

[ 11-08-2003, 10:43 PM: Message edited by: Freakwater ]

·
Registered
15,720 Posts
OK, gotta ask - LEL - how do you know what that is? Just curious....I'm a safety and health consultant and do a lot of OSHA training (confined space, HAZWOPER, etc.). I usually don't hear terms like LEL outside of that realm.

BTW - glad it didn't cost you an arm, leg and your first born to get back on the water!

ORS

·
Registered
15,720 Posts
I've taught that course for the last 10 years - YUCK! And these poor folks that have to take the 8-hour refresher EVERY year. I shouldn't complain - it's billable. :grin:

ORS

·
Registered
13,598 Posts
Yikes, I've had the 40 hour training myself!

TR

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Yep; Gregs Marine is Top Class.

Wasn't impressed with the salesman they had hired(may be gone now) but Greg, his wife, and Mark their mechanic are knowledgable and great to work with.

Stay away from Dave Powers Automotive and Marine in Salem.

It takes them 2 1/2 months to rebuild a jet pump WRONG. The customer service sucks and Dave and at least one of his Mechanics are less than honest.

Gregs Marine rebuilt the pump in two days and they were able to do the job correctly.

Greg J. McMillan
Grand Ronde Or.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Fishplay:

I have a question regarding the "Salesman" at Greg's Marine. I have a "bone to pick" but not on ifish!

I would like to email you rather than "talk" on ifish. What is your email address?

My email address is:

[email protected]

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Rusty,
Just click on the little envelope icon at the bottom of my post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts