IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
2,876 Posts
Re: Greg Igo - West Linn, Tillimook, Coffman Cove

I was reminiscing back to the day some 40 plus years ago. As kids growing up in West Linn we all had our little portions of the Willamette staked out. Some of our spots were just 20 to 30 feet away from the other guys. My spot was down river from Greg's. Every Saturday morning you'd see us kids and our poles heading to the river to fish for Carp. Canned corn as bait, peanut butter sandwich and a coke in brown bag for lunch. Greg was always a hunter and a fisherman and a good guy. He will be missed. May God be watching out for his family through this difficult time.

· Registered
6,261 Posts
I was shocked at the news. I knew Greg as a Tillamook County Deputy Sheriff, as a fellow fisherman and as a friend to me and to Whiskey Creek Volunteer Salmon hatchery. When we would have our fishing day for kids with special needs, Greg would come out and park his patrol car at the drive way to slow driver down for the sake of the kids. He loved his home on the wilson river,,,,,but he sure did not love it when it flooded his house. I was able to help him in getting permits to build a wall around the house. He will be missed. May God be with Debbie and the family.

· Registered
393 Posts
I'm truely sadden by the lost of Greg. His family had a boat dock on the Willamette just down stream from the 205 bridge in West Linn. During springer season we would race home from high school to see who could get to that dock first, the first cast would catch a springer. Greg was almost always first.

Greg will be missed, but he lived a full, full life. He packed alot of fishing and hunting in his 55 years

Why are the good guys call so young? God bless Debbie and the kids.

· Registered
11,395 Posts
I've fished that same exact spot in that photo of greg. Good place!
I know I would have shared some food with Greg this 4th of july up in coffman.
I did not know Greg, other than running into him a few times in coffman. But I bet we would have become friends. I'm sorry for the loss to all who knew him and considered him a close friend. He sounded like a great guy.
Brad

· Registered
508 Posts
Just saw this post and thought I'd tell a story. My wife & I were at our fishing house on 10th st in Garibaldi and I was walking the dog late afternoon. Coming back to the house the was a cop car in my driveway. My wife was there and I thought what did I do to bring the cops. I had left a big bud on the end table in the living room. Well I walked in and there was Greg and my wife talking up a storm about old times in school. Not a word about the bud. We miss him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts