IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit Green Peter bright and early this morning. Last year at this time, I suspected I was scattering shallow schools of fish with the boat while fishing below them, so I started off with 1/4 oz. lead behind the boat. Nothing, so I switched to my usual setup of a Deep Six diving sinker with a Luhr Jensen dodger and a pink Dick Nite spoon tipped with white corn. 15 pulls, about fifteen feet was the ticket, picked up four kokanee pretty quickly, and lost three, then couldn't find them again. Spent the next couple of hours running patterns between the points of Whitcomb Creek arm and Thistle Creek arm, varying depths and lures trying to get them again. Left the motor and the depth finder at home, and was just doing the oars on my inflateable. At fifteen feet I wouldn't have marked very many fish under the boat anyway, which is what happened last year and is why I left all that stuff at home anyway. So I put in and headed for the dam. This time I jigged from the dam, white and chartreuse buzz bomb as an attractor, 8 inch leader, fluorescent pink gamakatsu hook with white corn, sunk to about fifteen feet and jigged back in. First cast, I had a swarm of fish following it in, no takers. Second cast, hooked and lost one. Third cast, kokanee number five. Then I got to watch them follow it in again with no takers for the next dozen or so casts. GRRRR. Then they lost interest. I picked up a stocker trout. Tried different lures, they'd follow it in for awhile, then lose interest, with no takers. Finally, nothing was happening, so I switched to power bait under a bobber about 8 feet down, and picked up three more stocker trout before calling it a day. It was beautiful, but cold early. Near the dam, about a half dozen times a school of small kokanee would go porpoising across the lake for some odd reason. It was cool to see. Not a lot of pressure on the lake. Here are some pics!

happybrew

·
Registered
228 Posts
It doesn't get better than that, beautiful! Thanks for the pic's, I need to get down there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts