IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
The people that I've talked to from Green Peter said the fishing is real slow right now because the water is so low. The last people I talked to only got 3 kokanee for 3 people (3 hours fishing). They said that no one else was doing any good either.

·
Registered
444 Posts

Just got back from Cresent Lake Thursday night.
Fished for 3 days and did very well.
The fish are nice sized 15" - 16" and in great shape.
Caught most of them at 65' t0 75' deep out from the Scout camp, using orange Apex Lures with corn.
The guide at the lake Steve Kroll was limiting out
Both morning and evening trips.

Why not give Crescent Lake a try instead.

·
Registered
78 Posts
A friend and I fished Tues. and Friday at Green Peter. It is very slow. We caught 14 and 12 for about six hours of fishing each time. The Kokes are deep. Most of what we put in the boat came from 80 to 95 feet deep. Downriggers helped to fish that deep until the wind came up and it got really rough. Tough to read the bite when the boat is bucking up and down on the wavers. We also fished with the traditional trolls, weight on line and wedding ring spinners. It took 3 oz. of lead to get a 45 degree slope on the line and that took all the fight out of the fishing. In summary, the fishing is tough right now. I have never seen the majority of the fish down at that depth, but it probably does deal with the low water level and warming of the water more than usually occurs. Hope this helps. I would try another resivor until this one cools off a little.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to all for your reports! We haven't fished this late in the year for about 3 years but when we did we caught fish deep (80 feet). At any rate we are going to give it a try on Monday and Tuesday. Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.