IFish.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking of trying Green Peter this weekend,and wondering if anybody has tried it and what kind of success they might have had. Thanks

·
Banned
51 Posts
I havent fished it since last year in early June. Back then I was using down riggers between 40 and 55 feet, using flash-lite flashers, and a GOLD wedding ring. The silver wedding rings didnt work for some reason, I tried. Funny how the fish were being located with the fish finder at all levels but only struck at those depths. Also used a dab of shopeg corn that was sauced in shrimp oil over night. Stay close to the island and the inlet to Thistle Creek. Also the stretch in front of the damn can be good but Ive never personally had success there. The Kokes I caught were 9-13 inches, and I caught them in the evening.... Talk to the couple of old-timers from Sweethome that "LIVE" on that lake. they can tell ya how to fish it. Thats how I learned the shrimp oil trick AND how deep to fish.

·
Registered
35 Posts
the kokes in green peter love white!! white everything. we use white jigs made out of 1/2 oz. keel weights, they work great.add a little GOLD spinner blade to the hook end and bang!!!for some unknown reason, they really key in on white or glow in the dark. :dance:

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Fished it this morning with a buddy. We both limited using Buzz Bombs and white corn...... If you want more info drop me a line.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Originally posted by willierower:
Fished it this morning with a buddy. We both limited using Buzz Bombs and white corn...... If you want more info drop me a line.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">My first and last time to Green Peter was 4 years ago. God trout fishing but had to drive clear arond the lake for a ramp with no overniting. Is there camping available yet and a ramp nearer the dam? If there is camping is there a contact number for reservations.

Wally

1 - 7 of 7 Posts