IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started the weekend with 196 trick-or-treaters Friday night. Almost ran out of candy :shocked:
Went to the Siletz for the weekend with the family and a couple friends, staying at a cabin. Main intent was to crab the weekend. Went out to a calm afternoon, very few people. In three pulls of the pots, 2.5 hours, we had 62 crab. Good size, but not huge, and full. Spent that evening cooking and cleaning and eating. Every trip my kids (4 yr old twins) get braver and braver with the crab. I just know someday one of them is going to get pinched :depressed:
Next morning, my son walks up to the bed declaring that it was morning (it was light, that was enough). To him, this weekend was about him getting to fish (mostly just casting, though). So we got dressed and went down to the dock where I had the boat tied up. Since I don't believe in standing next to the water without fishing, I put on a sardine wrapped Kwikfish and threw it out. I put the clicker on and put the pole in the boat pole holder. Then went back onto the dock and helped my son with his casting. Not 30 minutes go by and I see the telltale bump - bump of a fish with interest. By the time I get to the boat, in the boat, and to the rod, it is throbbing pretty good. I wait just a second more and grab the pole. Fish on!! I wasn't too prepared, so I had to ask my son to run back up to the cabin and get somebody with a net! Well, the fish was patient and spent some time going up, down and all around. The rest of the family makes it down to the dock, my wife and daughter, still in their pajamas. After a little while, I tire the fish out and my wife does a perfect, first-time netting job. Here's the results, a 20 lb bright hen (my wife changed out of her fuzzy pink slippers :wink: ).

I tell you, with a load of crab and chinook in the fridge, Oregon is just such a great place to live :grin:

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Hey man that is a great story and picture :cheers:

What a great family memory

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
Great family picture!!!
Congrats on the fish and crab too. :cheers:

Dipnet :grin:

·
Registered
10,879 Posts
Looks like a good time was had by all!! :cheers:

- :dance: jokester

·
Registered
14,813 Posts
Awesome family memory there Dad.

·
Premium Member
4,151 Posts
I'd swear your son has one of BOE's salmon sticks in his hands. Best PIC I've seen in a while, priceless.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Great picture Chris. Glad to see you got into a nice chromer. Looks like the kids (at least one of them) is overjoyed!

Don

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Your photo and story is enough to make me cry.
:smile: :grin:

Cheerio'
Skipper

·
Administrator
119,702 Posts
Wow! Excellent! So glad you chose to post this! It made me smile, for sure!

:smile: :smile:

·
Registered
869 Posts
Way to go Fi****is! Good looking family there brother. Can't wait for springer fishing....can I claim a seat early?? (I'll have plenty of gas $$ this time..promise!)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Fisherfield,
We can get a seat for you, but springers are a long ways away. Interested in a January/February sturgeon trip? I need someone to watch out for logs! I'll drop you a message when we get closer.

DT,
Don't you have a day job? And your name, DT, gee, what does that stand for
I thought something like "FishTherapy" would be appropriate for you :wink:

·
Registered
557 Posts
Fi****is,

Why yes, I do have a day job. One that on occasion allows me a free hour (sometimes no shows are a good thing) :cool:

Someday, you'll have to come over and show me how to post pictures here. I've got some nice ones from my recent Wilson River trip.

DT (I left my creativity hat at home the day I signed up).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts