IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great weather and Oh fishing wasn\'t bad (pics

You know life can only get better when you start your previous fishing trips like this and wonder why you don't catch any fish
Well Steve must have forgot his banana and negative attitude today. Start the morning meeting up with Howard and Jim around 6 am at the St Helens marina. We first trolled herring for a few hours with not much success and decided to anchor up with kwikfish. With Steves new found great fish catching attitude about a half of an hour his rod is pounding FISH ON got the fish to the boat 12# hatchery. Howard not wanting to waste anytime puts his gear back in water. It must have been 20 seconds FISHON released the anchor and landed a nice 14# hatchery
After a while Steve decides he like his new found positive outlook on hooking up and nails this nice 20# Chromer
Steve doen't know how to take a picture it does not do it justice. Ended they day with nothing else Jim and myself just got to watch the masters at work.
I had a wonderful day fishing with two great guys even if they are from Washington...........Chris

[ 04-09-2003, 09:52 PM: Message edited by: fishnxtc ]

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Re: Great weather and Oh fishing wasn\'t bad (pics

cool,Nice fish.
How many other fish did you see caught out there today?
Normal day or slow day?

·
Registered
4,264 Posts

Washington? I thought we had a deal, no one from Washington!!!!!!

That first picture looks familiar.

Smile Steve, your supposed to be happy.

[ 04-09-2003, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: ZaQ ]

·
Registered
352 Posts

good job :cheers: that launch is just down the road from me I feel left out(HAHAHA) just kidding.

Nice looking fish as my little girls
would say....yummmm with squized limon....yummmm
:dance:
Ray G.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts

I see the Lemon Joy in the bottom picture :dance: Nice feeeeesh

·
Registered
529 Posts

Nice Fish Chris,
I was in 5 Cents boat yesterday and watched you get your first one. I caught my first springer yesterday, but it turned out to be an unclipped hatchery. :grin: It sure was a beautiful day out there and nice to meet a few other ifishers and be able to put a few more names with faces. :cheers: Real Nice fish you guys caught. :cheers: :cheers: Thanks again Shane (when you read this post) for all the fun we had . :dance: It was really nice meeting you,Brad and Marie. It certanly was a long day. You really tried as hard as you could for us. Thanks again. Oh you didn't tell me the marina parking had a fee. I found a cute litlle envelope on my window
. Oh well, the Day was worth it . Thanks again for all the tips you showed me. Thank you to ifish and Jennie as well for this site and making it for what it is. Nowhere I know of you can meet people from out of the blue and go fishing with them without them thinking your and axe murderer. :grin: :cheers:
Tight lines, Tom

·
Registered
22,376 Posts

Good job boys!

Hey Dan, you're still alive.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts

I take it Steve left the bananas at home this time. I'm glad he tagged out :dance:

Good day on the water!!

Bobby

·
Registered
11,223 Posts

Tom,

It was fun having you along. Too bad we did not get you one that you could take home to the wife... maybe next time :grin:

We definately had our chances yesterday with 5 fish hooked and two other drive bys but it was just not in the cards. Wierd day, broken leaders, crackered fish, even had one brute of a fish twist the belly hook right out of the Kwikfish! :shrug: Oh well some days are like that :cool:

·
Registered
3,665 Posts

Tom - I think I saw you at the dock yesterday morning - I was the guy putting in the 23' Northriver with the hard top right before Shane showed up and you asked me if I was Shane (5-cents only wishes he had my boat :grin: ) I trolled for awhile in the channel and then anchored up below you when the fog rolled in. I saw you drop out once with the native and take a picture of it - I must say you guys don't have the fish out of the water long and if you are going to take a pic. of a native - Shane does it the right way.

See my post about the outlaw fishing next to me (Where are the cops when you need them). He claims he discovered those slots where you were fishing and that 5-cents snuck in there when he saw him catching fish in there. He's a real piece of work.

Way to go Chris - I was two hoglines below you guys in the blue and gold Northriver with the hardtop. We got 5 for 3 boats - thought fishing would have been better with the great conditions.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts