IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a great time at Farewell Bend on the Snake River last weekend. We caught about 100 Channel Cats and Flatheads. The average was about 4 lbs each. Lost about half that many that got off. Worms and Shrimp fished with a bobber or on the bottom. A trip to remember!! We call this power fishing at its best!! Already planning the trip for next year.
Good fishing everyone!!

·
Registered
7,243 Posts
Sounds like a great time!

I know newbie fortywinks is headed that way Wednsday morning. :grin: It's making me think about going that way too.

Were you in a boat or banking it?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We were fishing mostly from the bank. Real windy so the boat sat most of the time. We were at the Weiser exit just south of Farewell Bend.

·
Registered
7,243 Posts
Thanks for the info. You mean the wind blows there sometimes? :wink:

·
Registered
873 Posts
If you haven't already, stop in at the cafe in the Huntington hotel and look at the pictures of Gators they used to pull out of the Snake at Fairwell Bend about the turn of the century. Scarey.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Sounds like a great time. We have family in New Plymouth. Just across the river from Ontario. We fished up river from farewell bend a few years ago and caught some nice 4-8 pound channel cats.. Try chicken liver. Never fails for us. That snake river canyon wind is terrible isn't it..

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
That's not wind, it's just a little zephyr. It's windy when the spray from the Snake washes your windshield in I-84. Seen it happen... :shocked:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts