IFish Fishing Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about fishing? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talking about tuna. How do you read this picture. Rod Mr. Sundog, Brine Shrimp, Mark Mac, Wak and Stack, Han Solo, Puffin and others that can look and see by a picture where the tuna will be. Is this a good picture for that and if it is where would the tuna be. Way out in the blue water or close in around the green and blue? Mark mentioned this site but it is one I have been looking at for years. The water temp is so so and I am not sure it gets as detailed as ERDDAP for chlorophyll. But a good satellite photo.

Azure Textile Sleeve Aqua Rectangle

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
I transitioned from Oregon to Arizona today, 20-hour drive, just saw this. Very nice satellite shots from Terrafin, there are tons of spots where Albies could be hanging...
There is a plume of cooler water, 57 - 58, from inside all the way out to 125_15 starting at North/South around the middle of the 317 spot and extending North almost to the 44_50 line. Just North of that temp break is solid 62 degree water. I like it.

Color-wise there is blue-green water on that same line, starting around the 44_50 line. If I was heading out this week and wanted Tuna I would be tempted to ignore the bluer warmer water around the 45_15/125_06 area, and concentrate on that temp/color line starting at 44_52/124_45 and work WNW from there.

Good Luck! Post up your results!

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Bingo…winner winner!
fresh tuna for dinner….
We‘ll see what this south blow does to water….
😎🐠🐡🐟🎣

1 - 3 of 3 Posts