IFish.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12,322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooz and I stopped by Trader Joe's this A.M. so that she could get her usual weird stuff.:wink:

I was shocked to see a big sale on "Silverbright Salmon" filets. Only $4.95 a pound.:bigshock:

And they were even nice enough to remove the purple blotched skins before packaging.

Ugly, soft pale-meated stuff, fresh from who-knows-where....:pp

That's enough Trader Joe's for me for awhile.

·
Registered
429 Posts
In Montana in the 1800s, carp managed to survive one winter in an ice pond, and the newspapers promptly wrote that carp would bring millions to the territory. Trout were then considered trash fish.

In Japan prior to the introduction of fatty beef (and the legalization of meat from 4 legged animals in the 1860's, including Kobe beef), lean chum salmon were favored over the fatty salmon, and the lean portion of the tuna was favored over the fatty portion of the tuna. Now the situation is flipped.

While living in Montana, I came to appreciate slamming fiesty whitefish when trout fishing stunk.

Sorry, but "Dog Salmon" deserve some respect. I named one of our calico cats "Keta" to buck the trend.

--tg

·
Registered
150 Posts
Thanks TG ! :yeahthat:
Like Rodney, We just don't get any respect. No respect at all !

We are tuff fighters tho, and always like to be released so we can do our thing !

:laugh::laugh::laugh: :laugh::laugh::yay: :yay: :yay::yay:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts