IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won the guided trip with Bob Barthlow of Rivers Northwest Guide Service (riversnw.com). Was excited to be going out with a guide for the first time here in the northwest. We were on the Cow just down from Blue Creek side drifting like everyone else. Day started out cold (weather-wise and bite-wise) but ended up hot (again weather & bite)! Here's a pic of Captain Bob-

I must say that since this trip was on Bob's dime I did not expect a full day or a full effort but that's exactly what we got. We stayed until the bite got hot and until after it was over. We were stoked to have had the opportunity to go 4 for 8, keeping 2 and letting 2 go.

My Man Auggie Doggie fought this one 360 degrees around and under the boat at least twice after we cut the other 3 lines!

Here's the final tally -

Thanks again to Bob, Kevin and Jen for the awesome trip! Bob is now hittin' 'em at Drano. I recommend him highly.

WLW

[ 07-31-2003, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: West Linn Wader ]

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Thanks for the nice post George, it was a fun day..... sunday afternoons have been good, as most people bail off the river @ noon....Also fished with board member AntyM last week, neat lady and good fisherman!

We've not done with the Cowlitz for the season, I'll be back later in September for some of those 80,000 coho the Cow is forcasted to get back, and Winter Steelhead.
We'll be sidedrifting them just like we do steelhead, on light gear. :cool:

Well off to Drano for some trollin spinners off downriggers, I'll post on my return with a report & some pic's......I do have some prime Drano and Fall Cowlitz dates still open............... :cheers: besides Steelhead on trolled spinners

In a couple weeks these will bite spinners too!

[ 07-31-2003, 07:40 PM: Message edited by: Rapid Robert ]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.