IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, we launched out of hammond around 8am today, condtions were pretty decent I'd say. Some chop but very managable even in my 16' starcraft.
We had 2 limits are really nice sized crab by 10am, even after throwing back alot of wash. sized ones along the way. Bad
news is I lost one pot!! If you see it, please let me know. It's about 100 yds up river of bouy 22 in 32' of water. Red/white bouywith a 2' post and dark teal flag. Letters on the bouysay BAK or LIN
if you find it, I'd love it back and even give a reward! My home number is 503-788-3762.
Thanks,
GBS

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
I sure hoe you get it back. The last time I lost a pot, the guy called me and thanked me for the crab pot. :mad:

I had my boat # and my phone# on them and he called. That just burned my backside. :mad:

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
He blocked his # before he called so It came up Unkown #, and had blocked so I couldn't *69.

Believe me I tried to get this guy, but there was nothing I could do.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Good effort on your part, I guess sometimes there is nothing we can do :mad: I still cant believe he had the guts to even call!!!!!

·
Registered
501 Posts
gbs,
I'll be going down this Friday and will look around. Hope its found and returned before then.

love2fish

·
Registered
501 Posts
Oh yeah, a friend of mine lost 3 of my pots one time. He went back 3 days later and found them. :dance:

love2fish

·
Registered
12,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lost pot update. I mentioned the lost pot to a very nice couple who were just heading out, they ended up crabbing to high flood, and low and behold, it popped up. Fortunately I gave them my number and they just called with the good news. Also turns out they live 2 blocks from my wife's office, how convenient!
Thank you Ed for being honest and helping out a fellow crabber.
Brad

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
You were lucky. You should buy a lottery ticket tonight.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
That's great to hear that someone found it for you and actually returned it. That is a good reminder for everyone to put your phone number on your pots. I found a nice trap one day that had obviously been in the water several days. It was burried in the sand and had seaweed pulling the float under. I would have been glad to return it to it's owner had there been a phone number on it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
SS I think that was my pot. That's the way I mark them seaweed on the float and sanded in. :grin: :grin:

SL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts