IFish.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son's football team is going to be playing North Valley in the state football playoffs at 1:00 p.m. Saturday afternoon, and I am hoping to spend the morning fishing the Rogue.

I am not looking for anyones secret honey hole, nor are you likely to see me there on a regular basis, so I was wondering if anyone would care to share a good bank spot where I could do some drift fishing within, say, an hour of North Valley High School? Another question: Is there any fish besides summer steelhead in the river in that area this time of year?
Thanks in advance,
Mark Larson

[ 11-06-2003, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: Snapset ]

·
Registered
7,798 Posts
Go west on the Merlin Galice road to Galice. Fish the river where Galice creek runs in. Fish both above and below the creek. There are a few Cohos in the river, but mostly Summer Runs.

[ 11-06-2003, 05:49 PM: Message edited by: Grantspastor ]

·
Banned
7,726 Posts
Grants Pastor makes a good reccomendation.

On the same road, just beyond the bridge but before Galice is Indian Mary Park. There is a decent drift just up stream of the boat ramp and I know of some steelhead caught there recently.

Also, just beyond the park is a spot called Rainbow Wayside, just before the Galice Community hall..... that is a good spot too.

There is also a good spot at Ennis Riffle, just above Galice. As you turn off of Galice road you will want to bear left and head down stream on the sand/gravel bar.

As GP said, there are some Coho showing up.

GGeeezzzz, I have to go to Salem for a meeting and am going to miss the game and fishing!!
I hope your kids play hard, have fun and no one gets hurt but I gotta say it; GO KNIGHTS!!!! :grin:

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Straydog, Grants Pastor, Thank You very much. If you ever need info on waters in my area, just let me know. I would love to reciprocate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts