IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Booked a trip for Saturday 10/11/03 with Grant at the Sportsman Show last year to take my father bobber fishing. My father is 77 and has had 3 back surgries and both of his shoulders replaced. I take him in my boat in the summer when I can sit on hook and tend to his rod. I have taken him spinner fishing the last two years in T-Bay with a Guide and he has had a blast. Now I wanted him to have the experience of bobber fishing tide water for fall Chinook.
I talked to Grant on wednesday got the time and location and told him what I wanted out of the trip. I can take care of myself so just tend to my dads fishing needs.
Grant was rebaiting and casting for dad every 10-15 min. After drifting a couple slots. Grant, Randy and I were watching our bobbers on one side of the boat and we herd a grunt behind us and my dads rod was bent over and he was fighting a 25lb buck his first ever on a bobber. Next it was my turn than my dad than me again (Randy missed a couple.) They were all bright fish!!!!!
I would like to thank Grant for a great day fishing that my father will never forget.

Thanks Grant......

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
Glad to hear you had a great time on Sat. Thats a great Story of getting Dad into a Bobber Fish. I'am such a firm believer in the Bobber system now I Don't even take another Rod with me anymore. Grant as a person is a great guy who will answer ?'s for you on the river and help you out on the dock if you need it. He is a one of the good ones for sure. He also works with and is teamed with in my opinion the best Bobber guides in this area. You picked a real winning Fishing team to take your Dad out with. All of The amerman guides are great to fish with and I said it before you will learn more about Bobber fishing in one day than you probably knew all your life. Atleast I did. Sat. Was pretty slow for me ended up taking three fish towards the tail end of the Day should of stayed on the Low road but took the high road that day... But it was all good.... I love to hear success stories like this a great day fishing with your Dad with a good guide. Hope to see you on the river again.

Derek Anderson

·
Registered
8,918 Posts
Congrate on the great day with you dad...... I sure miss mine, enjoy your all you can while you are fortunate enough to have him in your life..... and as for Grant.... Stand up guy, good bobber fisherman and great guide.....

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Congrats to you and your dad. :cheers:

:bowdown: :bowdown: to Grant, one heck of a nice guy, oh and the guy can really put the hurt on the fish

Chris :cool:

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Man, you guys have me blushing! Thanks for all of the kind words. You guys are the reason I love to guide. Bonding with guys that love doing the same thing that I love to do.

I had a client email me some pictures from this weekend so I thought it would be fun to share them. Here he is with his neighbor and their limits.

Since we are in a thanking mood I wanted to take a little time to thank the guy that has taught me so much about tidewater bobber fishing.

While my boat was spanking the chromers, Scott was doing the same(as usual) and my client snapped this great photo of him fighting a nice Chinook.

Thanks agian Scott.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Grant,

It was good to meet you on the river Saturday. We had a rookie on the boat, and as luck would have it, he ended up with the only fish.

It was nice being on the river though (that is what we say when we don't catch any).

Maybe next weekend will put more fish in the boat.

See you out there.
Scott

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
Just look at the waders Scott is wearing :cheers:

That--Ladies and Gentlemen is an "egg fisher"....beautiful, absolutely textbook example of what a Tillamook Slayers waders should look like! :bowdown:

Crayfin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts