IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been fishing the snake for years for fall fish. I would like to set up a float this year on the Grand Ronde. I have a raft, cataraft, and a alum. driftboat. Can any one help me?? Which might be best to take for the oct/nov water conditions. Where do you put in?? How long a float is it? Looking pref. for a 2 or 3 day float. Any input would be great!
thanks !
TOM

[ 09-12-2003, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: STGRule ]

·
Banned
19,959 Posts
GH,I've done it in a DB from Minam to Troy. I think it was running about 2200cfs. You could do it in 3 days,but 4 would be better if you plan on fishing.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Grasshopper,

You've got options depending on how fast you float. I'd probably go with one of the pontoons vs the driftboat in the fall. You can put in at the Ore/Wash state line and take 2-3 days to float all the way down to Heller Bar where it dumps into the Snake. This is a pretty long shuttle however. Call Boggans and ask them about their shuttle service and they can give you some suggestions. You could float Boggans to Shumakers one day and then spend the next two days form Shumaker to Heller Bar.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Has to be a Pontoon boat. Have gone in Late July and had to drag the rafts several times. I doubt there is much water in there now. Did a float/ Deer hunt once and was really low. Maybe some rains would help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.