IFish.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you that use hand held GPS units I have something for you to check out. My buddy did this in the Bend area and found one of these hidden gems. Its a military box stashed away in sevaeral locations around the world full of "rewards" to those of you that can find them. All that is asked for the finder is to sign the log and take a reward and leave something behind. I think it would be cool to find some of these and leave some IFISH stickers behind. Check out the link and prepare for a hike.

http://www.geocaching.com/

If you do it, let us know what you think.

Jett'in Fool :cool:

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just did a search on geocache here on ifish. I see that it has come up before....anybody have any feedback on this that have actually done it??

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
I've been goecaching for a couple years now, have stashed a couple here in the valley and have a really nice one planned for the Cedar Butte area. We like to drive up the Kilchis to Diamond Mill via Cedar Butte and I figure it will make a great cache. The ifish sticker is a great idea for inclusion into the cache!

Try it, it's great fun, gets you out for a walk and is a nice family activity!

·
Administrator
119,509 Posts
If you find one, I'll provide the stickers!
:smile:

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I have been goecaching for sometime. Great family activity. Kids love the treasure hunt part (as do I) and the adults love the outdoors part. I have been able to make it very educational as well. The kids have learned Land nav, math to do multi-cache, decoding, map reading,history lessons, etc. We have been to Pioneer cemeteries and seen some pretty cool stuff along the way. I have the same moniker on the website.

Jen-send those stickers and I will start putting them in the cache, instead of McDonald's kid meal toys :grin:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts