IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally, I was able to fish by government island. I went out with a neighbor. It was the third time having the boat out. We first started right out by chinook landing. A friend told me I was in a bad spot because the channel is right there. I then moved right above them about 600 yrds or so. We fished there an hour or so before a barge came and we had to move because we were still in the way. The barge capt. was talking with a boat next to us and asked us to move. Not wanting to get ran over,we moved. When we got the anchor up I told my friend we should try over by government island. In agreement we set off. We anchored up in about 15 - 20 ft of water just above where the long sections of sand start on the washington side of the island. We were using k-fish w/anchovie wrap. after sitting a moment steve pulls out a banana and I start telling him the myth. He quickly finishes and laughs. As he was about to toss the peel bam FISH ON. His pole starts dancing. It didn't take long before we had his first one in the boat. After the excitement of the first fish in my boat we get back to fishing. not more than 15 min. and bam again his pole is dancing. this one puts up a better fight. But like his friend he too ends his journey in my boat. things end here because we had to get back so steve could get some work done. But now I can finally say there's been blood in the boat. Both fish were about 15lbs. I just have to say thanks to Jennie :bowdown: for creating this site and to all the rest here on ifish for giving me the tips and help I needed to finally catch some fish. :cheers: Tight Lines.

Cartman :grin:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Good lookin' fish there :cheers: . I personally don't believe it the banana myth
. Glad you had success.

·
Qualified Sturgeon Hugger
38,254 Posts
Looks like you need a bigger cooler though (curled up tails). :grin:
Great fishing!

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah the cooler was a little small :rolleyes: But my boat can't hold anything bigger. OOhh I guess I'll have to tell the wife I need a bigger boat, to hold the bigger cooler. and if she needs any collaboration info I'll show her this thread. :grin: Thanks

Cartman :cheers:

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My boat is a 15ft smokercraft. It is blue w/orange writing on the side. Also There is an ifish sticher on the right side. If you see me on the river say hi.

Cartman

1 - 11 of 11 Posts