IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out of Depoe on sunday and had a great day, flat water lots of fish and good crew.

I was running 7 stand ups and 2 hand lines and somthing went wrong all nine lines got tangeled :confused::confused::confused:but then it was all worth it when a long fined friend got him self cought in the huge birds nest not one hook in this fish, so in the boat he went :smash: and it was one more for the box.

Puffin was fishing with someone that called me on a good bite and I dont recall your name but thanks for the #s.

· Registered
11,464 Posts
Holly Cow! 9 way tangle, & still you catch a Tuna, Thats one way to get er done. :dance:

· Registered
537 Posts
Went out of Depoe on sunday and had a great day, flat water lots of fish and good crew.

I was running 7 stand ups and 2 hand lines and somthing went wrong all nine lines got tangeled :confused::confused::confused:but then it was all worth it when a long fined friend got him self cought in the huge birds nest not one hook in this fish, so in the boat he went :smash: and it was one more for the box.

Puffin was fishing with someone that called me on a good bite and I dont recall your name but thanks for the #s.
Spoonplugger was the guy that posted those numbers. We were going to run up there but it was a 12 mile run and we only had an hour of time left so we decided we had enough fish already.

· Scallywag
3,215 Posts
I was running 7 stand ups and 2 hand lines and somthing went wrong all nine lines got tangeled
OMG! :bigshock:I run the deck with 4-7 stand ups and two handlines (more or less depending on conditions) and I hope I never ever EVER have that happen. :help: I'd probably just fill my pockets with lead and jump overboard. :jester:

Is there a lesson here that you'd care to share?

Anytime we had tangles, it's usually attributed to one of the following things:
-Lines not deployed at the proper stagger/pattern, running over each other in turns.
-Lines not cleared when fighting a fish
-Boat not left in gear to keep lines orderly behind the boat, and drifting back into/across lines.
-Too many lines out in rough, windy conditions
-letting out the shorter gear first, then tangling in them while deploying the longer gear.
-crazy hot fish swimming back and forth behind the boat knitting sweaters before you can clear the gear.
And finally,
-skipper too busy casting iron (while crew is fighting/gaffing fish) and driving in circles over the gear :D:laugh:

· Premium Member
601 Posts
:smash:How do you do that?? seven stand up rods and two handlines?? You Da Man. Not only can you shuffle seven stand ups, you can catch um without a hook:cheers::cheers: nicely done:smash:
50 out

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.