IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got some suggestions for a fine sturgeon feast? How about smoked Sturg recipe?

My brother and I went out today and he spanked a 48" sturg. His first trip and my third. I am still keeperless but I'm not worried.
SOB

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
congrats scared of bears' bro,nice fish.Smoked is good but I like it deep fried myself.1 1/2 cup flour 3tsp baking powder 1 egg a pinch of salt and 1/2 bottle pyramid aprocot ale.cut in small pieces coat and fry in hot oil till golden.Or grilled,marinate in creamy Italian salad dressing and grill on a bbq fry pan,kinda like a cookie sheet wth holes in it.Or sometimes I just cut in strips 1" wide 1/2" thick and seer in a pan with butter a little lemon,garlic,onion,and pepper.My sis in law has a recipe for a broiled brown sugar sturgeon I wish I could share it but I don't know it :shrug: ,it sure is tasty though :smile: .

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TonTo,

Thanks for the hot tips. I am definately going to try the Italian dressing and the butter seared but tonight I tried it fried and it was amazing. I didn't use your recipe cause I didnt see it in time but I will certainly try it....even though after tonights success it will be hard to change. Then again you cannot go wrong with beer.

Any smoked sturg recipes........anyone??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts