IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had invited Skein to join Lured In and his friend Bruce to fish springers with me on the Columbia when we all met at the I-FISH goose hunt.

Skein couldn't make it so I packed along Ugly Green in his spot.

We fished the Gorge at Bonneville backtrollin quickies and when we started out we were "En Fuego", 3 fish landed on our first pass! :grin: :dance:

#1, Brads rod goes down, mine instantly follows (uh oh)so I teamed up with UG to help him land a shiny hatchery fish that tipped the scales at 7.7 lbs. :laugh:

We run back up to where we just hit 'em and let them out, work 'em for maybe 5 minutes, Brad has his new plug tuned and ready and as soon as it hits the water, "Bendo!!" Lured In has a fight on his hands that ends with a 24.5# beautiful hatchery job.

At this point no one else in the area has touched a fish.

We run back to our point of last progress, drop 'em in, and Brad clicks over, starts to set his rod in the holder, stops, checks his drag, and OH YAH!!, throb, throb, tug, tug and #3 is on in a span of 15 minutes. Again, no other fish touched in the area. :bowdown:

We kind of felt bad for the other boats (not really). :tongue:

We came back down to mortal level. Things slowed down. We took Brad to the dock at 12:00. While running back up, we check another spot and see a boat floating out. So we set up, drop 'em in, just get them running for no more than 2 minutes and Bruce (not me) has one.

Nice 18# clipper :dance:

Wish Skein would've come, but UG didn't seem to mind.

We ended landing 4 and bonkin 3.

I sure am gonna miss fishin the gorge. Hope we get another chance.

Good to meet Bait-O-Eggs and fish with Lured-In, his friend Bruce, and Ugly Green today. Also saw King Killer and Plum Crazy today.

We tried some pics, but the battery went poopoo on the digital camera. You know what they look like any way.

GRB

PS A bit of bad news. For those of you who knew him and loved him as I did, our friend "Mr. Bill", my shiny little K-15 with glue on eyeballs and custom paint job now "sleeps with the fishes". Yes, Bill was taken to a watery grave by the bane of all good swimmin' litlle quickies..that's right... the dreaded OVERSIZE :shocked: . We will have a private ceremony for Mr. Bill somewhere below the dead line when the river re-opens. Until then, let's just think about the good times we had with him and how hard he worked to make us happy. :depressed:

[ 04-05-2003, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: Gun Rod Bow ]

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
Bruce, are you sure that you didn't lose your favorite plug to bad leader? I heard that you like to use that crappy florocarbon leader. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

[ 04-06-2003, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: Grant Scheele ]

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Grant,

In an effort to clear my name on this public forum

1) I do not have a pony tail.
2) I never voted for George McGovern.
3) I am not now, nor ever have been a member of "Earth First"

And I DON'T USE FLOUROCARBON LEADERS.

I hope this will clear up any public miss-perception.

·
Registered
3,924 Posts
A big thanks to GRB for a fun day. As mentioned the day started out just UNREAL! :cheers:

Lot's of fun, new friends and some tasty Springer for the grill.

This was my first trip for a backtrolling lesson and GRB certainly knows how the game is played. :bowdown: As our 'surrogate guide' for the day, GRB was all over it. It was nice change for me not to have to be captain for the day. (note to self...go fishing in other people's boats more often. :grin: :wink: )

I even got to ride in my first Willie boat. I must say the ride and handling was awesome. (but probably not as good as a NR. :tongue: )

Thanks again GRB and UG for an awesome day. (from Bruce too). :cheers: :grin:

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
Yeah, it was fun (as always), sorry I bagged on you guys early, sitting in the rain and wind would have been preferrable to the chore I had to do, even if I didn't hook another fish. Oh well, family functions are important too, right?

UG

·
Registered
263 Posts
Bruce, glad to see you had a good day on Saturday.
I am sorry to hear about the fate of "Mister Bill". Too bad your kwiki's where on vacation Friday or we would of finished with a dozen. My offer is still open for a full time job as my Net BOY! Compensation to include free bridge tolls.

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
I gave it away as a "thank you" to a guy who loaned me some of the tools I needed for part of the Rebuild on the Jet Sled. But then again, I give away most of the fish I bonk. :grin:

UG

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jeff,

I guess my quickies were being polite while in your boat and resting for the next day. :wink:

Besides, it's not all about me, as long as I can be a part of other people catching fish...really...do I sound convincing?

I'll be happy to crew for you guys anytime, as long as you'll return the favor in my Willie!

You guys deffinitely got it goin' on! :dance:

GRB

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
GROAN...

Oh, well, I made my choices for that day. It's just that they were the WRONG ones.

Sounds like you boys gave a clinic out there.

Don't worry about Mr. Bill, Bruce, I've got some Kwikies I can give you - new in box. Haven't even washed the plastic smell off. :shrug:

I did win a benchrest match on Sunday, but that's pretty sedate compared to a TAKE-DOWN!

Skein

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.