IFish.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be leaving S.E. Portland area for Goose lake in Skamania county WA in the morning around 8 am. I have room for one more in my truck if anyone would like to tag along. I'll be trolling from my twelve foot raft. It's not as comfortable as an aluminum boat, but it gets you out in the water where the fish are.

If you know this lake, I'm sure you know it can go either way. Sometimes the fishing is great and sometimes it can be slow. I'll fish till 6 or 7 if it's good, if it sucks I'll leave early. Complaining, whining, and general crotechiness will get you thrown in the lake. Just bring good jokes and lunch.

If you want to join me, email me at [email protected]. Leave your name and phone number and I'll give you a call

[ 08-28-2003, 07:01 PM: Message edited by: wootersen ]

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Trout chaser, not good. I got there around 11 and was trolling with about everything I had. The weeds are tall and thick, and I have a feeling that's where all the fish are. The only fish I caught was around 5" on a caddis fly. This was after two hours of not even a bite. It raised my spirits a little even though the fish was embarrasing. A few minutes later, my only caddis fly was caught in the weeds and gone for good.
A person would have a real advantage with a float tube. No motor to get tangled and you could just hang out in the weeds all day. I trolled deep with worms and spoons and a flatfish. The only thing to even get a bite, was my frog colored flatfish.
I left around 3:30. This probably would have picked up a little more after I left, but I didn't have the pateince to stay.

oh well, you know what they say about the worst day fishing....

·
Registered
814 Posts
hey wootersen,

i was there last weekend and did pretty well.
fished on the shore side of the snaggs in 12' of water. nightcrawler with a garlic glow mellow. casted toward shore, right off the shelf. in two days, caught several nice browns all between 14" and 16". did ok also on the south side of the lake using the same bait. tried trolling and caddis flies, but the worm and mellow worked the best.
good luck next time!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
wootersen, I think I know why you didn't catch many fish; you had worms in your boat. I believe if you would of stuck with the flies, your catch rate would of gone up :wink: . The fishing should start picking up in a few weeks. We should try and fish it together sometime.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
trout chaser, I've done pretty well in years past with worms. If you troll them down deep, sometimes you can hook onto the 20" ers out there. I caught a couple of them last year, and I keep hearing about them this year. The caddis fly seems to work well too. I wish I had a chance to fish with it a while longer. Next time I'll bring two.
You should definitely come along next time, Although, I probably won't go until it cools down a little bit. The water is about 65 degrees right now. I'll make sure and post next time I go.

days like this keep me humble....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts