IFish.net banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,777 Posts
Interesting read, Thanks! I'm curious about the wildlife viewer's associations willingness to anty up to the responsibility of supporting game animals. The same responsibility that we as hunters and outdoors men (and women) have had the sole honor of carrying for so long. Not to start a big argument but it seems to me that none of the groups out there besides us hunters that is, honestly realize how much effort and dollars it takes. They all preach that viewing game animals is the free right of all people. How much better off would our game herds be if these groups just matched our contributions? The bottom line is that fewer hunters are continuing to pay more each year so that other groups can enjoy the bounty. Take a kid hunting! Yours and your neighbors.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Great article - wish many non-hunters would read that and see what we as hunters contribute.

·
Premium Member
22,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will this article be in the magazine or just a web article?

E
Not sure. I think it's a magazine article...says November 2007...

As for non-users paying...I've got very mixed feelings. As hunter numbers dwindle, the fact that we're paying the bills is the last great asset of hunting (to the non-hunter. We all realize the collateral assets). As long as we continue to pick up the tab, we maintain our strong voice as long as we don't flaunt or abuse it. On the other hand, more money means more programs and better management, habitat, etc. But might it also mean more voice for the antis?

Dunno...

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Finally!!! National Geographic

All I can say is check it out. The photo on page 122 almost brought me to tears (of joy!).

Biederboat

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Re: Finally!!! National Geographic

what are you talking about?

·
Registered
534 Posts

Looked online. Are you talking about the Conserving hunters article? Very, very good.

Mark

·
Registered
2,576 Posts

Post a link.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
855 Posts
It was in the print edition as well. Just arrived today. Man what a relief to see some positive press about hunting reaching the NG audience. I just had time to skim it, but it seemed very fair.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts

Conserving hunters? I cant believe they actually wrote a story like that. I will have to read the rest tommorow. That truck load of white tails I thought was going to be an anti statement. Just a bunch of roadkills. If you search "Conserving hunters" on the National Geographic website it will take you right there.

Scuba

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Thanks for posting Bill. You got here before the mail. It was a good article and great to see Hunters and Hunting portrayed in a positive manner. I hope that seeing the hard #s of money that we have and continue to put back into the resource can now get some acknowledgement. One of the most important points is that we were the first ones to step and help wildlife. I will be sending a positive comment to them as I am sure they will get blasted from the antis.

You can comment on the stories at;

ngm.com

Or write them at;

[email protected]

·
Registered
5,146 Posts

I finally got a chance to read the whole thing, what a great story and testimonial for us as a group.

Biederboat

·
Registered
3,595 Posts

I finally got a chance to read the whole thing, what a great story and testimonial for us as a group.

Biederboat

:yeahthat::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

·
Registered
2,883 Posts

Great article and the truth. We sat around the fire at Deer camp this year talking about how the number of hunters has dwindled over the years, our camp consisted of my Dad, Brother, My wife our 3 Girls, and myself, a camp of 7 that used to number year to year between 35-40. My family is the only family group making the trip anymore with the others too old, or no longer interested in our 60+ year history hunting the Northside unit. Although its not the unit it used to be it is where I have spent the better part of my 34 yrs in the woods and I plan on keeping it alive for my three Daughters to enjoy, well I know atleast 1 will join me every morning. Pass It On!

Daryn

1 - 20 of 23 Posts