IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my story. We were trolling near the Tanner Creek deadline, guy hooks a silver and brings it in. Clearly snagged (fish ripped line big time in a sizzling run, no head shaking, difficult to bring the thing in, gets it to shore and you can see the spinner on its back). He pulls it up on shore, they stand there looking at it awhile and what do you know it get's kept. Within 5 minutes the police (state?) officer is down there to tell the people to head out cuz it's 5:00 (the park at Bonneville closes then). We go over in our boat and tell the officer, in front of the bozo, that the fish was snagged. She obviously doesn't want to do anything about it and a couple of the 4 other guys there, I don't think any of whom were with bozo, chime in that it wasn't snagged. Our word against theirs and we were out in the river in our boat when it happened so obviously could have seen wrong. Long story short, I guess if you actually want to do something about it you need to be proactive and go get in their face and take a picture or something.

·
Administrator
41,361 Posts
Not every report of illegal fishing activities will result in an officer being dispatched to deal with it. However, every report is important. Funding priorities are based, in part, on the frequency of reports of various types of activities. If it's clear there's a problem, more resources and staff will be assigned to the problem. Please report snagging when you see it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts