IFish Fishing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well we decided to bag Astoria today. We just didn't have another trip in us. We have been down 4 times in the last week and a half and that is enough. Sooooo, we decided to fish closer to home and went to a spot I found last year where I did well. We were fishing by 9am and about 10am my girlfriends rod goes off. Very nice URB. I'd say 20-25#. Got it up to the boat and it made a huge leap and off it came :depressed: . She was bummed. I had a feeling she would get another chance :wink: . So I let her gear down and was walking it back when I felt a tap, tappity, tap, tap. I thought what the.....?? And about that time YANK, YANK...fish on again. This one gave her a few head shakes after the hand off and it was gone. Bummer. 0 for 2. Then we sat for an hour. About the time she was loosing hope her rod slams down again. She fought this one like a pro and in to the net it went. Wooo Hooo...

So after a few high fives we get our rods back out. 5 mins. later her rod goes down again. This one was a long fight but again she handled it like a pro. And here it is...

About 10 min later my rod FINALLY goes off and I reel in a 20" jack :shrug: . What's up with that? She had one more drive-by and we called it at 4pm. She schooled me today :bowdown: but hey, it's my spot so I get some credit right? It was a great day and it was fun as heck watching her battle those fish. She was shaking like a leaf after both of them. Too cool :cool: . Go get 'em.
P.S. Our scale broke and she is dying to brag about these fish and keeps asking me how big I think they were. The first one was 37" the second 34". I wish I could have taken a girth measurement but I didn't. They were both broad shouldered and fat. What do you all think? I'm bad at estimations
. Lets hear your's.

[ 08-29-2003, 10:58 PM: Message edited by: Rimshot ]

·
Registered
244 Posts
They were both broad shouldered and fat.
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">Ya know, women don't like to be described like that. :grin:

Great job for finding your girlfriend big fish.

You used the correct psychology. Let her catch the big ones first. That way she will let you fish more often.

·
Registered
5,693 Posts
Fished the Columbia today. 4 guys caught 4 adults, 3 bright, one tule and one jack. Pretty good action for everyone in the line.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Eyes on the fish boys :wink: . Besides, you don't want her in your boat unless you want some netting practice that day. This was not an isolated incident, she does this to me all the time
. That girl has some major fish mojo. Lets see there was the first time sturgeon fishing, first cast 53". Then there was the first time for springers, 3 to the boat to my 1. Then last year first time for fall chinook, 7 takedowns to my 0. Then there was....you get the picture :bowdown: :bowdown: . But hey, she is much better looking than any of my other fishing buddies so I don't mind at all :grin: .

·
Registered
17,002 Posts
Great pics, a beautiful day and even a take on the walk-back, - does it get any better? :cheers:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Hey "Rim", sounds like you got a real "tailwhoppin"...... :grin: :grin: :grin: Nice fish, and sounds like a good day. fishrite

1 - 10 of 10 Posts