IFish Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went by the tackle swap and got to meet Jen.
It was a pleasure, Jen. You looked like you where ready to high tail it outta there though. Bet it was a long day. thanks for chatting with me about the recent sturgie trip. I launched out of John Day sunday. Went out with a friend and Go Harley.
He had never landed anything more than a shaker. He was blessed with a 47" after a short time, was cool to see his grin. We later landed another 47" and a 49" and a few other nice shakers. These fish are so healthy and strong. Really sporting on the salmon rods. We were right off tongue point in about 25' of water on start of the change, then moved to 60'. There were fish jumping all around us. Smelt with smome smelly jelly anchovie scent. The guy next to us with his wife and little boy was frustrated with his lack of action, but came though at the end with a beauty, we were very jazzed for the guy.
Two mishaps for the day. Running into two feet of water, thank god it was sand!.
Back at the dock, I'm leaning off the edge guiding the boat onto the trailer when it drifts away. Off the dock head first into the drink, In front of all kinds of people! Ouch! wet clothes all the way home.
Ran into 5-cents at the dock, nice boat big guy!
That was my sunday on the lower river!
Take care,
GBS

·
Registered
11,223 Posts
Good job on the gators GBS

Hey it was nice weather out there I am sure you were just trying to cool your heels a little at the take out... right :grin: :grin: :wink:

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
something like that, It did feel good come to think of it. Wet jeans for two hours afterwards did not though. Wish somebody had it on video, it is worth a good chuckle. :smile:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Brad,
Thanks again for the great trip. I was truly amazed at how much of a fight those sturgeon will give a guy. Especially cool was seeing those big fish clear the water with head-shaking leaps. Next time we can take my sled and won't need to worry about the shallow sand bars. :grin:

Here's the locations that we found our fish (given with greenbuttskunk's permission):
N 46 12.973' W 123 44.968'
N 46 13.047' W 123 45.222'

I learned that the real key is moving around every 30 minutes, or so, until you find the fish. Once we found them we were golden.

It was a great day; sunburn and all.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Thanks for the coordinates!! That is really descent of you guys. Congrats on the fish!!

·
Administrator
119,640 Posts
I was revved and ready to go at 4:30 in the morning, but ran out of energy by 2:00. I'm sorry if I seemed tired, but... I was, by then! :smile:

Nice to meet you, also!
:smile:
Those shows are always fun, because I get to match names to faces!!

Jen

·
Registered
13,617 Posts
Here's the locations that we found our fish (given with greenbuttskunk's permission):
N 46 12.973' W 123 44.968'
N 46 13.047' W 123 45.222'
<font size="2" face="verdana,arial,helvetica">And the datum would be??

NAD27 CONUS ?
NAD83/86 ?
NAD83/91 ?
Other??

About 100ft between a couple of those, just checking. :wink: :wink: :grin: :grin:

TR

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rick, you're quite welcome, and I'm sure we'll get out again soon. Maybe for silvers later. I'd love you show you my tricks on them too. Will all depend on how things go with the new family addition. If he's not too fussy maybe the Mrs. will let me sneak off for a day. Take care of that sunburn, Mine brought new meaning to the term "redneck".
Tight lines, and good brew,
Brad

·
Registered
12,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Aahhh yes, now they know the spots..... but will they catch the fish, Grasshopper!!!! We shall see, we shall see!! It take total concentration!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts